Any Padres about? - Military Pilgrimage to Lourdes

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Wyvern, Jul 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

One for any padres who may be lurking - where can I find more out about the pilgrimage to Lourdes? Can find stuff about the one in 2007 but that's not much use for now!

2. Shush..

You could get barred for loose talk.
  3. There is never one around when you need one.
  4. I visited Lourdes for the day last month, its a tourist area that will remind you of Rhyl or Blackpool (cheap nic-naks everywhere) Most of the women are dressed as penguins as well.
  5. I believe the last time British Army padres went on a pilgrimage to Lourdes, two of them drowned.

6. I did the God Squad week at Lourdes when I was at Sandbags in 00. One of the best weeks are the pssi I have had. It was really good meeting and drinking in all the different bars.
  7. Thanks...I'll see if I can get hold of the chaplain when I start work to find out how to actually get on it.
    Went to Lourdes when I was at school, coincidently at the same time as the military pilgrimage (looking back I wouldn't have liked to be the teachers in charge of umpteen teenage lasses at that time!), and led by a priest who not long after left the diocese to join the army. We had an awesome time, always wanted to do it again but never had the chance.
  8. I think Mike Golden has recently qualified as the Pope so might be worth contacting him. I believe he's also available for weddings and bar mitzvahs.
  9. Did he get fed up with boys with no pubes? Joined the army for some real bum action!
  10. Well if you want to visit Lourdes i suggest you ask her mum first as she is only 13(ish)

Attached Files:

11. Any space on the coach for an ardent atheist - promise not to make any rude comments about priests and samll boys' arses and I won't open up the debate about religion on night one of the trip after a few scoops.

Could do with a good lech at some homely god-bothering minges.
  12. I was once asked several years ago if i would like to do the pilgrimage to lourdes but i decided against it as i did not know much about cricket.