Any Other Items You May Find Useful?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Hudson1990, Mar 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there any other items that have been useful or could be useful to take to Catterick for Phase 1, other then what is listed on the Joining instructions?

2. I've heard electric toothbrush... ;)

In seriousness now.
    Spare washkit- razorblades, shower gel, soap, etc. It's very expensive on camp.
    VERY good insoles- Sorbathane are a tried and tested safe bet. Anything other than the issued green card.
    Socks- I wear Outlast hiking socks, and the double layered areas have saved me from blisters countless times.
    Sense of humour- An absolute must!
    Initiative (The ability to think for oneself)- See above.
    For everything else, use the search function as God herself knows the amount of items that have been reccomended to take.

3. sence of humour

4. young lofty beat me too it..

5. Would a Portable DVD Player be allowed? Any other things, What about thermals or something?

6. How about a Guitar? :)

7. The ability to use a search button on websites.... :roll:

8. Don't take anything that you would not want to lose.

9. Been trying to search, had no look, not really sure what id put in, tried a few things?? any ideas?

10. So leave your sense of humor at home then :p

11. Can I bring my mum with me to do my ironing?

Will we get to play COD4 to prove our shooting skills?

What about my Airsoft SA80, can I bring that?

12. pff airsoft SA80, that's sooooo last year...u need the MP5 SAS uzi with picatinny rail and UGL..only "them" get to try them out.

13. Butt plug

14. It's not that sort of camp, duckie.

15. Bet it was when he was there :twisted: