Any one want to help a nice guy?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by earlos, Mar 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

What it is then, I'm after some green tape known to most as sniper tape/ NBC tape. To sort out my belt kit and Bergen just to tape up the excess straps etc.

With me being in the ACF i cant get hold of it that easy I'm based in a Sigs TA they don't have any and claim it to be very rare for them to get any for them never mind me.

I've seen it on the web for around 13 quid but i thought id be cheaky and ask on here first.

So if any one can get me some i don't need the whole role just a few meters will do the business.

Tanks for any help.

Prepare for incoming.

2. Yep, second time ive seen this asked for, pm your address and ill pop a roll in to the post for you.

3. the_man_in_the_corner you are a good bloke, well done for helping out that cadet. Requests like that are normally met with a load of attitude and accusations of being a "walt" by some members of this community.

Some of the banter probably deserved, but I often thing that any cadets or potential recruits will be discouraged from asking questions for fear of being ridiculed.

Just my view point , but still a good thing for you to do.

osta

4. Pour yourself a drink Corner Man - you've earned it!!

5. Aww, innee nice!

6. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Of course earlos, if you want to give your address to strangers on the interweb, be prepared for a bit more than a roll of tape being popped in..

7. Indeed this may be a problem but I'm sure he's a nice guy and a roll of tape is all i will get. Fingers crossed.

I'm a big mature adult instructor anyway so I'm sure i will be fine. ha ha

Man in the corner i indeed owe you a pint.

8. "Any one want to help a nice guy?"

well be warned you know what they say, nice guys finish last!

9. Not bothered about coming last, we will all end up in the same place in the end.

10. has anyone got any of the latest chart CDs or DVDs? i've had a look on the internet but they're all about £13-£15 quid so I thought maybe... you know.... someone would just give them to me instead? (i'm saying this tongue in cheek, i'm not being properly abusive by the way. I dunno why he just doesn't buy it like anyone else would!?)

:thumright:

11. He shouldn't have to buy it. This stuff is freely available from the system.

12. Yes it is available through the system, but the system is for those who are entitled to it, not a youth club in uniform.

13. Like the way you put that mate!

A youth club is where chav's go to smoke and play pool.

The Acf is a Youth Organisation not a "youth club" 99 percent of the "kids" in the ACF are good kids. Unlike 99% of the kids in youth clubs who smash windows and steal cars.

I belive the cadets should be admired for what their doing They are giving up there free time to go to a cadet hut and learn new skills.

Simply because they don't want to hang around on the streets with the other kids.

They want to do some thing with there lives. They aspire to be regular or Territorial soldiers one day. They respect people in the forces and thats how you look at them?

Is it not true that over 25% of the British army where ex Army cadets?

Your obviously bitter towards them and probably always will be. Maybe you was a member of the local youth club.

Rant Over.

14. I'd help a nice bloke for deffo, a nice lad possibly, a nice geezer hmm, may be, but a nice guy? Sounds a bit Friends of Dorothy to me.

15. look in the shop on the header links.