Any one starting phase 1 at winchester on sept 17?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Alan04, Aug 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im going there sept 17, going into rs as installiation technician. any one joining up at the same time?

2. Yeah me mate :D

Going into the RE as an Armoured Engineer.

3. your going to have some real gd fun hehe i go back on sunday from 9 days sick leave.....am already bored of being back home

4. You're sick already? What went wrong?

5. klkl. my mate has just gone there so he's been telling me what its like. where bouts you travelling from? im coming from bexhill on south coast. just quit my crap job at woolworths so have 5 weeks left to get fit and buy all the kit.

6. Travelling down from Birkenhead in the north west, bit of a hefty journey to Winchester.

I left JJB a few weeks ago to sort my own fitness out...just want to get started now, the wait's been the worst thing.

When and where did you pass selection?

7. am going back on sunday....i was bedded down for 3 nights with a chest infection then the doctor told me i needed to leave for 9 days on the sick

8. How are you finding it Killergibbo? All going well I hope (apart from the chest infection of course!)

9. pirbright back in feb. wat bout yourself?
    my parents are still insisting that i pay rent for my last month!! and i need most of it to buy kit for army!
    you started buying yours yet?

10. one tip for those coming to winchester dont bring lots of civvi's you wont need em and you wont wear non at all till ya battlefield tour...thats at the end of week 4....

am loving it there cant wait to be back there,wanna get on with the training even tho it starts to get hard after week 2....

but after week 2 alot of people think about DAOR i did and am glad i never went ahead with it,training is ment to be hard but the hardist thing i found about training was the sleeping hour's.you wake up at 6 well i wake up at half 5 to sort my stuff out,but anyways then you have lession and such all till 8 at night,then you have 3 hours to sort you kit out and best books and ironing plus have a chit chat to ya bird or family.....then its lights out at 11,but i still carry on sortin my stuff out intill atleast 12......so about 6 hours sleep aint alot and you will find you start falling sleep in lession's lmao

my chest infection feels about gone now just finshing my last dose of anti-bo's
    you dont have to be the best they just want to see effort and 199%

gd luck for once ya here lads

11. Killergibbo, whats the situation with PT shoes...are you allowed to wear your own or are you stuck with the silver shadows?

Cheers.

12. sorry but your stuck with silver shadows....no point in taking ya own as u wont be allowed to us them

13. is there only 2 ppl on here going 2 winchester then?
    i've got most of my kit sorted got myself a good iron the other day. now just doing my training, in this crap weather.!!

14. Alan04 check your PM's mate.

15. Killer, DAOR?

All I google-found was Downey Association of Realtors :?