Any one reccomend best socks to wear whilst tabbing???

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by StevieW, Jun 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. doing lots off tabbing anyone reccomend best socks to wear currently on issued?

2. Clean ones

But seriously I find the white Desert ones that were issued for Telic love them

3. Seconded, but I need to get mobilsed again, as they're started to wear now.

4. Bridgedale or Thorlos socks and liners have always worked for me.

E_C

5. Either Bridgedale as mentioned above, issued white desert socks, or bizarelly enough, some cheap 'Wal-mart' own brand hiking socks I bought for about a dollar a pair in the US.....

6. Any of the above and I would recommend a pair of Coolmax liners for this time of year to stop your feet getting too damp.

7. If you know any crabs or air crew, try and land some aircrew socks. Personally i think there quality and last for ages!!

8. well powdered feet, one pair of sport socks then pair of green issue socks over them.always worked for me.

9. Grey issue woollen socks I had in the 60's were superb!

10. Any one know where you can get a civi version of the old Telic socks? Got my hands on some but they're a bit under the weather now!

Cheers,

T C

11. Bridgedale and good boots never had a blister yet thats juniors and seniors done and no blisters get a pair of sorbothane insoles too good shit.

12. This is an each to there own thing i reckon. After a bit of time served you find something that works. Me personally i have to wear bridgedale liners, thick desert socks and lowas. Can you imagine cutting around afghan in the summer like that. Feet stank but blistered none!

13. 100 mile liner socks under issue greens, I've never had a single blister!