Any one joining up from Hereford, Worcester or Surrounding?

Hi there,
I have gone through selection at lichfield and now awaiting Basic Training Dates...
Is there anyone who has either joined, joining, thinking of joining or just want to chat so people from local areas i thought it may be good to meet up here...
Say hi...
Any one from Herefordshire?
Abergevenny or surrounding..

ummmm...im from 'ereford.... ummmm feel like i really missed the boat on this one so making my self seem really thick here.. d'oh sorry.....
Ohh well anyone else from the Ford or surrounding?

Stick around, you'll see plenty more.
Its a 'Them' reference and you've brought it on yourself by mentioning the H.

But I guess if you aren't even a sprog yet, then you might not know that.
Check out Arrsepedia on the subject of 'Them'

Hopefully you've made the sensible choice and are joining the Royal Artillery.

Joining the RE is that a good or bad thing now????

HAHA, trust me i have no mistach as im a SHE and i tbh i dont know anyone who has a mistache and for the rest of it..everyone has there own opinion i suppose... im an 'erefordian and proud of the fact..SORRY! lol
i still interested whom may be arround the areas who may be joining too..or joint...

I hesitate to comment because some wedgie is bound to get involved with a load of ill informed poorly evidenced 'history' about lanyards.

I'm sure there's still time.

martin7606 said:
There's quite a few of us from the 'ford serving. And a good percentage of them are R.E. best of luck.
Thanks, what you serving as?
RE, assuming?

Tbh i do really like the ford when im not trying to leave. lol.

Old time town but lovely at the same time. Just cant wait to get my dates now.....im am a 25yr old starting later for the army... cant wait for the change...

williams_89 said:
im sat here trying to understand that aswell....haha!
im worcestershire so not a million miles away :)
Where are you in the process hun?
Or are u already in?

I'm no longer serving, still iving in the ford, however work away a lot, it's always good to come home. I like living here too. You may get lucky and find that there are some guys is your unt who are fellow herefordians, it is useful for lift sharing ect when based in the U.K on weekends home.

mooony said:
im from kidderminster, pm if you wanna chat :) could do with some questions being answered lol.
ditto, i will do that hun... i know kiddy and i got some mates there tbh..ka

martin7606 said:
I'm no longer serving, still iving in the ford, however work away a lot, it's always good to come home. I like living here too. You may get lucky and find that there are some guys is your unt who are fellow herefordians, it is useful for lift sharing ect when based in the U.K on weekends home.
see this is why i thought it would be nice to do a reach out...most probably on only sat about 2 to 4m away from you typing this..hehehee. but reasuring that theres people out in my own town whos doing / done what im attempting.
I helped a girl from abergavenny get to selection as i found her in the careers office a bit lost...lol i know what you mean