any one joining as an aircraft technician

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by tomsim, May 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey is anyone on here joining as an aircraft technician, I am wanting to know what kind of waiting list I am looking at

2. A long one. Theres 26 places for aircraft technician this year and 16 of them had gone when i spoke to my recruiter in april.

3. how longs a long wait these days are we talking years?

4. [​IMG]

?

5. Thanks for the string get the idea. But can anyone give some guidance on what kind of time I maybe be lookin at. I know it also depends on your score at adsc.

6. Is the army all you have looked at ? The Navy and Raf have a few planes knocking about

7. Get used to the fact you will be waiting a good while. Especially if you haven't got to ADSC yet.

8. Lemon are we the only ones left on here who have passed adsc and are still waiting? Certainly feels like it.

9. Im still waiting and ive passed Seelection FCKING twice!!!!!

10. Have a look at the RN & RAF too, as they have the same/ similar trades. Don't get your hopes up too high though, I know someone who's going into the RAF in September as Avionics and he'll have been waiting about a year. Your best bet is to get into the careers offices pronto.

11. Ok I wodn't see a year wait begin that bad, it's if it starts stretching to 2 or 3 years that would seem a long wait.

12. Jeezo, in my day (ha, 'in my day') from taking my Oath of Allegiance to basic training, it was about 6 weeks.

Mind you, there was a lot of hanging around on sh1t job detail at Phase 2; maybe they're trying to reduce that. It would make sense as you're not on the payroll like I was, being paid decent money to put up tents and sweep paths.

13. What grade did you get on the first selection?