any one interested in old photographs ?

HE117

LE
Are you sure it wasnt a Vickers-Berthier, used by the Indian Army and hadthe normal Bren magazine but could also use a 100-round drum. The Vickers GO,as used by the RAF in flexible mounts, was basically the same gun.
Nope Vickers Berthier had a shorter flash hider and a tangent sight.. That has the drum sight of a MK 1 BREN..

Are you sure it wasnt a Vickers-Berthier, used by the Indian Army and hadthe normal Bren magazine but could also use a 100-round drum. The Vickers GO,as used by the RAF in flexible mounts, was basically the same gun.
I'm quoting whoever originally posted the photo. I wouldn't know enough about the subject to offer an opinion.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
For those of you interested in early aviation, this chap has a wonderful archive on Flickr, the amazing variety of mad designs for aircraft is astounding, it must have taken the world by storm
if you have an hour or so peer in here

Clearly a Bren Mk I or II by the stainless steel combination flash hider and gas block

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
The National Library of Scotland has an online archive of nearly 2,000 high quality photographs from the Great War
a wide range of subjects end every one worth looking at

If you were trying to trace a relative from one of the fine old Scottish regiments here would be a useful place to look

A nice image just popped up along with a mixture of Naval and holiday pics
any one ID him or the medals
An RN officer below the rank of Commander (no braid on the peak of his cap): the medals are (L to R) - 1915 Star, British War Medal, Victory Medal (all WWI), 1939-45 Star, what is probably the Atlantic Star with France and Germany clasp, War Medal (all WWII), finally RN LS and GC (thus commissioned from the ranks).

Latest Threads