• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Any Officer types with a fetish for the Great War out there?

Any of you Officerish types have a yearning to be a Great War Officer?

Our living history group is looking for a fine young chap to take a hot crumpet from behind without blubbing.

For more details PM me please.

Damn you tempt me but I am far too old to be a subaltern of the Great War - apart from the sadly lamented Lt Webber of course...

In fact at my stage of life, a life expectancy of three weeks sounds like a bonus!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Damn you tempt me but I am far too old to be a subaltern of the Great War - apart from the sadly lamented Lt Webber of course...

In fact at my stage of life, a life expectancy of three weeks sounds like a bonus!
I fondly remember watching a bunch of infantry subbies at a mess night and thinking three weeks, that long?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Any of you Officerish types have a yearning to be a Great War Officer?

Our living history group is looking for a fine young chap to take a hot crumpet from behind without blubbing.

For more details PM me please.
Always thought I could make a very fine Capt Mainwaring re- enactor. Especially when wearing SD hat and glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so please excuse fat fingers and slips of the keyboard.

How about an absurdly youthful Major General? I'll even "die" heroically at Mametz Wood during re-enactments?
I see you more as a choleric Brigadier General Staff, comfortably ensconsed in a chateau, with hot and cold running mistresses, welcoming the new General to his command after the last one got his on the front line.

I'll bid for the job of the RFC Flight Sergeant, a grizzled veteran, waving off the young heroes on their Dawn Patrol while munching a bacon sandwich and planning a smart spot of pre-NAAFI break kip in the Crossley tender.

I see you more as a choleric Brigadier General Staff, comfortably ensconsed in a chateau, with hot and cold running mistresses, welcoming the new General to his command after the last one got his on the front line.

I'll bid for the job of the RFC Flight Sergeant, a grizzled veteran, waving off the young heroes on their Dawn Patrol while munching a bacon sandwich and planning a smart spot of pre-NAAFI break kip in the Crossley tender.
I like your thinking. One question though - will there be bacon sandwiches in it for the BGGS??

Oh and Flight, make sure some junior birdman is detailed to wake you at five-to-NAAFI? don't want you sleeping through that! War is pretty much hell as it is, without those kinds of things mixed in!

I like your thinking. One question though - will there be bacon sandwiches in it for the BGGS??

...oh and Flight, make sure some junior birdman is detailed to wake you at five-to-NAAFI? don't want you sleeping through that! War is pretty much hell as it is, without those kinds of things mixed in!
Not a problem, Brigadier, I have a sensitive pre-Raphaelite, poet, currently an Aircraft Mechanic Third Class, detailed to produce bacon sandwiches and provide waking-up services. I shall ensure he jumps on his motorbike and delivers toast and plum and apple jam and a bacon sandwich to you and the DAA&QMG promptly at 10 ack emma, before returning here to wake me with a cup of tea, in good time for me to enjoy a NAAFI break and welcome back the Dawn patrol survivors (if any).

Not a problem, Brigadier, I have a sensitive pre-Raphaelite, poet, currently an Aircraft Mechanic Third Class, detailed to produce bacon sandwiches and provide waking-up services. I shall ensure he jumps on his motorbike and delivers toast and plum and apple jam and a bacon sandwich to you and the DAA&QMG promptly at 10 ack emma, before returning here to wake me with a cup of tea, in good time for me to enjoy a NAAFI break and welcome back the Dawn patrol survivors (if any).
Ah - about those survivors. I'm afraid the Australians climbed out of their trenches near Pozieres and let the Dawn Patrol have a feu de joie! Unfortunately they didn't aim off...so there are three SE5as down near La Boiselle. No rush, they were all flamers...

Ah - about those survivors. I'm afraid the Australians climbed out of their trenches near Pozieres and let the Dawn Patrol have a feu de joie! Unfortunately they didn't aim off...so there are three SE5as down near La Boiselle. No rush, they were all flamers...
Australians, eh? Good in the assault, but dirty in the Line, I understand.

I'll get the Adj to contact Group and have them open another box of young officers.

The young heroes' tents will need to be cleared, now - I assume our usual arrangements apply for cheque books, racy French postcards or expensive items I find?

Australians, eh? Good in the assault, but dirty in the Line, I understand.

I'll get the Adj to contact Group and have them open another box of young officers.

The young heroes' tents will need to be cleared, now - I assume our usual arrangements apply for cheque books, racy French postcards or expensive items I find?
Quite so oh and we'll go 50/50 on the addresses of the girls they left behind them as per usual Flight Sergeant?

This isn't helping to find a suitable candidate now is it. We are looking for a Regimental cook though if you'd care to try for that?
Now I AM definitely qualified for that! I did the ACC Basic Cadet Cookery course in 1976! Obviously as cadets we didn't actually fatally poison anybody but we were allowed to make quite a few nauseous...

If you really want a regimental cook, what is the nature of your group and where do you ply your re-enacting trade? I'm not saying I am interested but...

I'm cooking for some WW2 veterans tomorrow lunchtime. I'll let you know if my Machonochie and plum and apple slice were up to scratch!

Latest Threads