Any Officer types with a fetish for the Great War out there?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by General Melchett, Mar 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Any of you Officerish types have a yearning to be a Great War Officer?

Our living history group is looking for a fine young chap to take a hot crumpet from behind without blubbing.

For more details PM me please.

2. Damn you tempt me but I am far too old to be a subaltern of the Great War - apart from the sadly lamented Lt Webber of course...

In fact at my stage of life, a life expectancy of three weeks sounds like a bonus!

3. General Melchett

We could maybe stretch to a crusty old Captain. :)

4. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I fondly remember watching a bunch of infantry subbies at a mess night and thinking three weeks, that long?

5. PM sent
    tenbloodycharacters

6. You called.

The Enterprise is parked up for the night due to the no fly zone.

7. Can i get to play as one of the RN division?

8. General Melchett

Nope, already a group for that - The Bluejackets. Not sure of their website though.

9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Always thought I could make a very fine Capt Mainwaring re- enactor. Especially when wearing SD hat and glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so please excuse fat fingers and slips of the keyboard.

10. How about an absurdly youthful Major General? I'll even "die" heroically at Mametz Wood during re-enactments?

11. I see you more as a choleric Brigadier General Staff, comfortably ensconsed in a chateau, with hot and cold running mistresses, welcoming the new General to his command after the last one got his on the front line.

I'll bid for the job of the RFC Flight Sergeant, a grizzled veteran, waving off the young heroes on their Dawn Patrol while munching a bacon sandwich and planning a smart spot of pre-NAAFI break kip in the Crossley tender.

12. I like your thinking. One question though - will there be bacon sandwiches in it for the BGGS??

13. Oh and Flight, make sure some junior birdman is detailed to wake you at five-to-NAAFI? don't want you sleeping through that! War is pretty much hell as it is, without those kinds of things mixed in!

14. Not a problem, Brigadier, I have a sensitive pre-Raphaelite, poet, currently an Aircraft Mechanic Third Class, detailed to produce bacon sandwiches and provide waking-up services. I shall ensure he jumps on his motorbike and delivers toast and plum and apple jam and a bacon sandwich to you and the DAA&QMG promptly at 10 ack emma, before returning here to wake me with a cup of tea, in good time for me to enjoy a NAAFI break and welcome back the Dawn patrol survivors (if any).

15. Ah - about those survivors. I'm afraid the Australians climbed out of their trenches near Pozieres and let the Dawn Patrol have a feu de joie! Unfortunately they didn't aim off...so there are three SE5as down near La Boiselle. No rush, they were all flamers...