Any of you Veterans received the GMP Error letter yet?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Reservist, Jan 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My 80 year Ex RAF father received the 'Guaranteed Minimum Pension Error of payment letter' on the 31st December. He was naturally very worried about receiving the letter apart from the good timing of it. However, after reading the dates stated on the letter (service between, 1978 - 1998) he contacted the SPVA as he had left the RAF during 1974. He received a reply from the Paymaster saying that as they did not know when he had left the RAF he had received the letter! The fact it seems that they had been paying him a pension since 1974 did not cross their minds.
    This just about sums up the total poor management displayed by our pension managers - be it the SPVA or Paymaster.
    My advice to anybody that may have received this letter is to question it, rather than have sleepless nights until April when they will go firm on whose pensions to cut.

2. Yep got one a couple of days ago , I had evidently been overpaid by about £15 and this was taken back in this months pension .

3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Not sure why this has happened. The Guppymint assured everyone that no claw backs would occur and that pensions would be adjusted from April.