Any of you chaps Tailand based

According to work I may find myself in Thailand for 5 weeks over Christmas.....

What the crack there, I'm a beer and fishing sort of bloke

Suggestions please

This may turn into a Brisbane post so apologies now....

How about command_doh? He could do with a friend round about then I bet, he'll be broke, homeless and probably no longer a virgin & roaming about with some Garry Glitter type to keep up payments on the tuk-tuk, buffalos etc...

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
How about command_doh? He could do with a friend round about then I bet, he'll be broke, homeless and probably no longer a virgin & roaming about with some Garry Glitter type to keep up payments on the tuk-tuk, buffalos etc...
How did I miss such an opportunity. I imagine some photo's of the happy couple would be nice. I do hope the buffalo's mastitis clears up and grandma gets her new dentures.

if its wine women and song your after, huahin ,or Cha am 30 minutes further south brilliant fishing and lots of lovely ladies, if its rum, bum and gramaphone records walking street pattaya is the place to be !! and if you are a yorkshire man Phuket is the places full of timeshare touts, ladyboys and indian traders bit like bradford with sun !!

looks like i'm down to two day and a night in bangkok.

whats the worst trouble i could get into........

reccommendations warmly received

According to work I may find myself in Thailand for 5 weeks over Christmas.....

What the crack there, I'm a beer and fishing sort of bloke

Suggestions please

This may turn into a Brisbane post so apologies now....
I am in that entire Parish until March in a couple of weeks. Rotuma, Fiji, Waikato NZ, Western Oz, Pattaya and 'Nam again.

If I can shake off the moaner for a couple of days we can get bollocky and drunk and torment fat Germans looking for child anus on the strip.

I am in that entire Parish until March in a couple of weeks. Rotuma, Fiji, Waikato NZ, Western Oz, Pattaya and 'Nam again.

If I can shake off the moaner for a couple of days we can get bollocky and drunk and torment fat Germans looking for child anus on the strip.
We should have a sweepstake. Which of the above locations will Juan be arrested in?

You lucky bastard JRIII: picking up some horse for sale up north or just enjoying the benefits of armed robbery?
I'm off homie :) Cashed in the motor, beefed up the Visa and am handing the reins over to someone who doesnt run a business hungover and by the skin of his favourite Superman underpants.

It was supposed to be a solo trip laced with casual encounters, liver pickling and the odd bit of diving with the intention of coming home looking like Alex Higgins in a pencil case for a coffin (shameless proff) but she has now decided to wrap it in and come, cue 3 months baby making and picking sand out of arses.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Well there really are only a few things to do in Bangkok. Get yourself down to Patpong watch some young girls firing ping pong balls out of their clams, go to the Muay Thai stadium and watch some lads kick **** out of each other, pay a Tuk Tuk driver to let you have a drive (Thai Tuk Tuks are much better than Indian ones and can even do wheelies), buy some cheap crap at the market and obviously smash a ladyboy.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
You've got very limited time so i'd give the nigght bazaar a trip you can shop eat and drink cheaply here. There should be live music and they sell lots of different beer outside with good cheap local food.
Suan Lum Night Bazaar, Bangkok - Panoramic Earth Virtual Tour
Patpong is a rip off but if you want girls I've no idea where in Bangkok to tell you to go, you may well meet some at the bazaar.
Siam Paragon centre is worth a visit just to see the place or if you want to buy a Hummer
http://www.bangkok-thailand-site.com/siam-paragon.html
If you want cheap clothes you shouldn't pay more than 120 baht for a t shirt and maybe 500 baht for trainers - do check sizes though on clothes because you are quite a tall chap. Cheap stuff go to Pratunam market, you can walk past amari Watergate Hotel and just walk into any shops and through them - it doesn't really look like a market until you get inside.
http://www.bangkok-thailand-site.com/pratunam-market.html

Also the Watergate is reasonably priced and easy to get around, from the front door cross the road, turn right at the cross roads and you can see the world trade centre/ central world shopping centre. Outside the world trade centre is a taxi rank with a security guard who makes sure they turn on the meter in the taxi - so if you are going anywhere it's handy to use this and save any arguments. As you walk past the world trade centre there is a bridge across the road, this leads to Gaysorn plaza but also plenty of other shops outside. If you see 7/11's you can stock up on cigarettes duty paid for maybe about £7 for 200. They don't have them on dislay now but you can get B&H. Just take a wonder around if you want to stock up on cigarettes 7/11's all over the place, fill some carrier bags up. You can always sell them if you don't want them.
Hard rock cafe is ok for food and live bands
Hard Rock Cafe BANGKOK - HOME
Oh and also might be live music and open seating with beer/food outside world trade centre.

You've got very limited time so i'd give the nigght bazaar a trip you can shop eat and drink cheaply here. There should be live music and they sell lots of different beer outside with good cheap local food.
Suan Lum Night Bazaar, Bangkok - Panoramic Earth Virtual Tour
Patpong is a rip off but if you want girls I've no idea where in Bangkok to tell you to go, you may well meet some at the bazaar.
Siam Paragon centre is worth a visit just to see the place or if you want to buy a Hummer
http://www.bangkok-thailand-site.com/siam-paragon.html
If you want cheap clothes you shouldn't pay more than 120 baht for a t shirt and maybe 500 baht for trainers - do check sizes though on clothes because you are quite a tall chap. Cheap stuff go to Pratunam market, you can walk past amari Watergate Hotel and just walk into any shops and through them - it doesn't really look like a market until you get inside.
http://www.bangkok-thailand-site.com/pratunam-market.html

Also the Watergate is reasonably priced and easy to get around, from the front door cross the road, turn right at the cross roads and you can see the world trade centre/ central world shopping centre. Outside the world trade centre is a taxi rank with a security guard who makes sure they turn on the meter in the taxi - so if you are going anywhere it's handy to use this and save any arguments. As you walk past the world trade centre there is a bridge across the road, this leads to Gaysorn plaza but also plenty of other shops outside. If you see 7/11's you can stock up on cigarettes duty paid for maybe about £7 for 200. They don't have them on dislay now but you can get B&H. Just take a wonder around if you want to stock up on cigarettes 7/11's all over the place, fill some carrier bags up. You can always sell them if you don't want them.
Hard rock cafe is ok for food and live bands
Hard Rock Cafe BANGKOK - HOME
Oh and also might be live music and open seating with beer/food outside world trade centre.
Watergate Hotel isnt a bad place to stay, The head chef is from blackpool,and pratunam is the dogs bollocks for good cheap made to measure clothing of any kind , of course for your thailand teashirts too,have a look round the corner in the Indra Regent centre , absolutely anything your heart desires from genuine buddhas toe nail clippings, to tartan fridges and tellies, if you are real adventurous buy a bottle of lao khao (thai moonshine) at the 7/11, 0.7 bottle 49 baht and its pretty safe to drink does get you rather pished though,always lots to do in Bkk, if its beautiful eyecandy your looking far wander round any of the huge shopping malls they are full of genuine almand eyed beauties with and without NUTS so be careful, as for Huahin jarrod we sold our house there nearly 2 years ago the towns abit like down town Copenhagen these days

Well there really are only a few things to do in Bangkok. Get yourself down to Patpong watch some young girls firing ping pong balls out of their clams, go to the Muay Thai stadium and watch some lads kick **** out of each other, pay a Tuk Tuk driver to let you have a drive (Thai Tuk Tuks are much better than Indian ones and can even do wheelies), buy some cheap crap at the market and obviously smash a ladyboy.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
Soi Cowboy on Asok [Soi Cowboy Bangkok, Thailand - Bars and Go Go Guide] is the place to go now - both Nana & Patpong are a shadow of their former selves.
If you are interested in the night life and its associated 'delights' the info can be found here
Bangkok, Living, Working, Teaching English, travel

As his time in Bangers is so short and he has yet to say what his interests are beyond beer & fishing.
The first is easy to find the latter a little more ticky in the time allocated if its fish he's looking to land.

For accommodation and well located for the night life Majestic Suites [http://www.majesticsuites.com/] are good value
compared to the ritzier chain hotels.
If you want cheaper & grungier but in "danger close" distance to Nana Plaza,
there is always the sticky carpet curling Nana Hotel Welcome to NANA HOTEL.

But there is a lot more to Bangkok than booze & gals you just need to let us know what your priorities are.
Cheers
Rhodie

Latest Threads