Any news on how Panther is faring in Afghan?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Yeoman_dai, Jun 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just curious, read reports a few weeks back about the new CLV Panther being deployed to Afghanistan. Not heard anything back, apart from it getting slammed along with any non-Mastiff based vehicles in the Commons, by some fem MP.

I'm particularly interested because it's about the first new vehicle not bought as part of an UOR, but from a long and lengthy selection process, so was wondering if its been worth it?

2. I heard the Panther shaped up pretty well in 1944...ask the Russkies :D

3. Panther?
    [​IMG]
    She out in AFG? That's outrageous!

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From it first being ordered, to it being deployed only took six years, and nearly £200 million. Most world wars were over in that timescale.

5. :D

Blindfire even cash strapped as we are I don't think the British Army has quite dropped to needing to raid Bovington Tank Museum quite yet for combat vehicles :p

Lefty - yeah a little known fact but shes out there with THEM, and doing a very good job - has killed 50 Taliban just by squeezing them between her death-thighs

hairyarse.... thanks - doesn't look too good, does it

6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'has killed 50 Taliban just by squeezing them between her death-thighs'

... I'm off to join the taliban then... now where did I put my flip flops and my AK?? :(

7. I'd rather be in one of those than in the front of a Vector.

[​IMG]

8. I know, what a way to go eh ;)

Spaz - too right!