• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Any new ULOTC cadets?

orificecadet. I wish i was tough like you! So what happened on your selection weekend? Do many other UOTCs have actual pass or fail selection weekends as I always assumed it was simply turn up and get in!?

CUOTC - essentially, turn up, pass medical and interview process, get attested. Have the budget to cope with many recruits so take as many as we can get our hands on.

This year we're running with an MTQ1 intake of 100(ish)

We do actual fail people we take 250 to the weekend after medicals etc the fail 60
Luckily for Macks if the entrance requirements were so high when I did it, I probably wound't have got in
C'est la vie

Well the ULOTC weekend hadd 300 with about 190 passing, so there was a lot of faliures really. You could tell some people just were not prepared.

orificecadet said:
We do actual fail people we take 250 to the weekend after medicals etc the fail 60
Luckily for Macks if the entrance requirements were so high when I did it, I probably wound't have got in

C'est la vie
If you have any doubts about the rigors of OTC selection, take a look at the pictures of Orifice that a friendly soul smuggled over the border to me, on microfilm, hidden up his anus:

PS: Work on that spelling if you want to do well at the factory, Orifice!

Those last 3 photos are so wrong, how can people want to walt and put pictures of their Para/ US Army/ USMC adventures on the net? I now know who those warnings are for on hair driers, "do not use in the shower" etc

Ah but what you don't know that the flabby one is actually part of a secret US project to save money on body armour by turning their troops into lard buckets so they can soak up bullets! 8O

Or, thinking latterally on this one, they all hide behind him, he gets shot more times than the Cow in the Road in "Me Myself and Irean" and they win the day etc etc un embuggered by wearing heavy body armour? "We better get our german scientists to talk to their german scientists to copy it before the russians' german scientists do" yeah too much Ice Station Zebra

Ok I've just transferred out of London to Aberdeen OTC.. Whats this crap about newbies getting sports kit?! So thats why people didn't get to do the America exchange... cos the money was spent more efficiently elsewhere... woohoo!

Wow, that looks like a top unit, I wanna join!!!

Yes newbies got sports kit. A nice skimpy pair of ULOTC shorts but a rather fetching colour coded platoon rugby style top.

Apologies for the bad spelling. No excuses, I’m working on it!

Latest Threads