Any movers?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by elnoddo, Sep 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whats the score with 30ltr issue patrol sacks not being allowed as hand baggage?

Deploying on Herrick soon and just been told i have to use that Harry Websters black issue daysack.

The patrol sack has been good enough for every other tour ive done so why the change?

The black piece of shit fell apart when i took it out of the wrapper.

Were also to fit inside said bag- dossbag, washkit, helmet ecba full set of civvies[?], would be interested to see a packing demo of this.

We have also heard blokes who do tip up with patrol sacks being made to empty them and carry the contents by hand, is this true?
  2. A 130 views and no-one else has experienced this? Perhaps I should have posted on another board.
  3. Not sure of this is a movements regulation, if it is I certainly haven't heard of it. The only controls on hand luggage will be the size and weight of your daysack and will be exclusive of the weight of your helmet and ECBA which you should carry separately. 30 ltr shouldn't be a problem.

As for the black daysack, I didn't even take mine with me. When questioned by the SWO at BAS about my neutral coloured (grey and black) civilian daysack, I pointed out that when I was OC Clothing Stores I recieved a signal that the black day sack was not to be used outside of accommodation as it had a tendency to melt in the desert heat. Having seen nothing to the contrary since, I opted for a daysack which was suitable for the job and didn't cost £90 from Silvermans.
  4. I cant see why it should be a problem either mate. What I dont want to risk is tipping up at Brize and losing a perfectly good piece of issued kit.

I have heard mentioned that if the side pockets were removed it would be acceptable. If true then why not just empty?
  5. Sounds like it could be a size regulation in that case, but if it would be suitable size for a civvy flight, it will be fine for crab air.