Any model makers out there?

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by brettarider, Sep 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone build a few kits out there? Sold 1/2 the collection and books off last year due to storage and divorce now the winters approaching getting itchy and sticky! fingers again! who builds what? 'm normally a 1/35 scaler myself
  2. Some of us like girls.
  3. I do to but up here they are as big as rugby players and struggle a bit any who's your in the RFA so are you sure you like bints?
  4. No, you're right, I just said that to look hunky. But Thai rent boys are still cooler than airfix kits, you big geek :wink:
  5. Ooh come on I've got a bit more style than airfix! Tamiya, Dragon,Trumpeter these days do try to keep up! so how was the lady boys ?
  6. 1/72 matchbox - awsome.
  7. I used to build Tamiya kits when I was a kid.....then I discovered alcohol and ladies.
  8. Going to try my hand at a proper all wood ship model kit (British 1800s Navy Cutter).
  9. There's a job going on the Cutty Sark down my way. Go for the real deal. I've still got some petrol and matches left however should you fancy going for another option :D
  10. Perhaps the Gypsy Moth is a better option? It's smaller, therefore's also right next door to the Cutty Sark, so hints and tips will be readily available from the pros at hand.
  11. Tamiya...Brilliant ! Spent all my pocket money on getting the complete German set: Panzer II, Panzer III, Panzer IV, Tiger (don't think they did the Panther then), Sdkfz 251 etc.

Mind you, I did stop when I was sixteen.
  12. Bretta,
    Tamiya, DML, AFV Club, Bronco & Tasca are my bag too & I do regular evilBay business. Drop me a pm, might be able to do a few trades etc.
    No slagging the music though!
  13. Me me me

I got a Chally, M1A! and Centurion at various stages of build right now.

Only prob is that the nearest decent model shop is MILES away
  14. Tried HobbyLink Japan ( yet? Usually come up with the goodies there, even tools & paint etc. Prices usually cheaper than over here, even with postage - sometimes get Customs charges, but only usually if parcel is over £30 in value. Also pre-order new items long before they appear in UK. Check 'em out.