Any mobile phone gurus out there?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by northern_warrior, Sep 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any guru's out there?

How the fook do you get rid of the network providers name from your main screen?

I'm on about the start screen with contacts,menu etc....Then the network name in the middle i.e. orange, vodaphone etc

Sorry for the bone request, but its doing me tits in.

Cheers for any help.

N_W.

P.S. Sorry if in wrong forum mod types!

2. Usually an option under "settings" or "preferences".

3. Tried that............Gives no option to remove network name......Hence the request.

Cheers anyhoo.

Phone is a samsung G600 if it helps!

4. If this is the name that appears at the top of the screen (as opposed to the logo), it's there to give you an indication of how much you're paying (wrong provider, higher rates). You may be able to alter it (useful when roaming) by selecting a different network provider. That's in the settings somewhere.

5. If it's the logo that's bothering you, change the wallpaper or "welcome screen", again in the settings.

6. You used to be able to get a downloadable "Invisible"Operator Logo.

Don't know if they still work/are compatible with your phone, however:

www.cbfmobile.com

Was the site I used to get them from.

7. take the sim card out

8. Cheers for the replies fellas.

Sorted the badger out. It would appear i missed a sub menu in the settings that allowed the removal of the text :oops:

Apologies for monging it........But at the time was doing my nut in, and was ruining a good wallpaper!!!!

Note to self, must look harder for a solution before posting stuff on ARRSE!