Any Medical Officers - help please re joining TA

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Queen of Spades, Apr 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello

I'm hoping to join the TA and am at the stage where my GP has to complete a questionnaire. Having read some of the experiences on here about people being deferred or rejected on medical grounds, I am slightly worried. I don't and have never suffered from asthma/diabetes/depression but have some blots on my medical history. Are there any medical officers I could discuss off board with please?

2. I have done quite a few first aid courses if that's any use to you.
  3. Like what?
    The usual no, no's are being treated for being a pedo, ex-murderer & drug user. Apart from that unless you used to be a woman you will be ok?
  4. Well, I am female (as my user name would suggest), and I am not a criminal nor drug user. Are you an MO, ft? I have read so many varying things on here that I would prefer to chat with an MO off the record.
  5. Well it's an anonymous Internet website, post it, take pot luck or ask a PSI who you can speak to.
  6. Trust me I am a doctor, just never bothered with the training.:skull:
  7. So when I joined up the MO was a little lax to say the least. The only issue was regarding my eyesight (-1.0/-0.5). I forgot my glasses. When I couldn't read the eyetest screen he politely left the room to allow me to revise/chinaman my eyes to see it. Voila I was in.

Anyway, good luck!
  8. Well their are a few Queens on here who are Male!
    Am i an MO? Of course i am, got my medical degree for $20 on the tinternet!
    The missing bits are not you catching an STD is it??
    A picture of you could help us, semi naked the better!
    This is ARRSE what else do you expect!
  9. Ha. No STD's, luckily.

TBF I was expecting some ragging because I'm female. Would be good if somebody could actually answer my question!
  10. You didn't really ask a question.
  11. Ok. Are there are any MO's on the site with whom i can discuss off record medical issues which are causing me concern re the gp questionnaire and medical? Thanks.
  12. Is it a history of various anti-social disorders that required treatment via topical cream and a course of strong antibiotics, from an anoymous building on the edge of town? If so you're in as these are a pre-requesite for joining the TA as most of them have been exposed to Syphlis at some stage or other.

And before you say you caught it off a toilet seat, it would depend who you were sat on there with a the time. Now if you'll excuse me Dr Netley must dash to Sandhurst to sew foreskins back on the cadest so they pass out complete cocks.
  13. I can't think of a medical officer on here. Nurses, practice managers, dentists, radiologists but can't think of a Doctor.
  14. Clearly not, but WE are here to help.
  15. Gosh, Netley - thanks for the entertainment, you had me laughing!
    Seriously - if anyone medically qualified and an MO can help, please do. Otherwise, I'm just going to ask the Recruiting Officer, but i thought i might ask on here for an informal view.