Any Medical Officers - help please re joining TA

Hello

I'm hoping to join the TA and am at the stage where my GP has to complete a questionnaire. Having read some of the experiences on here about people being deferred or rejected on medical grounds, I am slightly worried. I don't and have never suffered from asthma/diabetes/depression but have some blots on my medical history. Are there any medical officers I could discuss off board with please?

thanks

QoS.

Well, I am female (as my user name would suggest), and I am not a criminal nor drug user. Are you an MO, ft? I have read so many varying things on here that I would prefer to chat with an MO off the record.

So when I joined up the MO was a little lax to say the least. The only issue was regarding my eyesight (-1.0/-0.5). I forgot my glasses. When I couldn't read the eyetest screen he politely left the room to allow me to revise/chinaman my eyes to see it. Voila I was in.

Anyway, good luck!

Well, I am female (as my user name would suggest), and I am not a criminal nor drug user. Are you an MO, ft? I have read so many varying things on here that I would prefer to chat with an MO off the record.
Well their are a few Queens on here who are Male!
Am i an MO? Of course i am, got my medical degree for $20 on the tinternet!
The missing bits are not you catching an STD is it??
A picture of you could help us, semi naked the better!
This is ARRSE what else do you expect!

Is it a history of various anti-social disorders that required treatment via topical cream and a course of strong antibiotics, from an anoymous building on the edge of town? If so you're in as these are a pre-requesite for joining the TA as most of them have been exposed to Syphlis at some stage or other.

And before you say you caught it off a toilet seat, it would depend who you were sat on there with a the time. Now if you'll excuse me Dr Netley must dash to Sandhurst to sew foreskins back on the cadest so they pass out complete cocks.

Gosh, Netley - thanks for the entertainment, you had me laughing!
Seriously - if anyone medically qualified and an MO can help, please do. Otherwise, I'm just going to ask the Recruiting Officer, but i thought i might ask on here for an informal view.

Hello

I'm hoping to join the TA and am at the stage where my GP has to complete a questionnaire. Having read some of the experiences on here about people being deferred or rejected on medical grounds, I am slightly worried. I don't and have never suffered from asthma/diabetes/depression but have some blots on my medical history. Are there any medical officers I could discuss off board with please?

thanks

QoS.
Can you describe the "blots" please?

Gosh, Netley - thanks for the entertainment, you had me laughing!
Seriously - if anyone medically qualified and an MO can help, please do. Otherwise, I'm just going to ask the Recruiting Officer, but i thought i might ask on here for an informal view.
Okay all joking aside, if you feel they are severe blots that would hamper entrance then I would recommend you knocking it on the head. If your history prevents you from giving blood due to BBV's, STI's, or you have experienced severe asthema, or neurological injury then game over I would imagine. If you've had chemo or radiotherapy this isn't bnecessarily a bar, dependant on when it took place.

The only other 'blot' that I would think you may have, thus leading you here, is mental health. First off this isn't a blot, but it may present challenges not only to the MO, but also to you. Self harming/medicating, inpatient mental health experience, suicidal idealtion/actualisation, personality disorder etc will not help your case. This sounds harsh but do bear in mind you will, at some point, be trusted with a weapon with live rounds.

My advice is speak confidentially to the MO, no-one else, and explain your situation fully, frankly and hide nothing as they will find out in the end. Hope this helps.

Latest Threads