• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Any Jumpers out there want to air their views

Watched this on the news last night, spare me please that "we have planned for every eventuality skydiving is a very dangerous sport borlox".

Already a thread on this.

link?

Bloody hell, it happened again?

Surprised highly trained professionals from the Nations premier freefall team got themselves into such a predicament in the first place.

That said it was standard fare, it was dealt with professionally, no one was hurt and the Freds have got some very valuable media exposure.

I only saw it on the TV but the rate of descent didn't look fast enough to fly a reserve and the water landing was probably more luck than design...

Surprised highly trained professionals from the Nations premier freefall team got themselves into such a predicament in the first place.

That said it was standard fare, it was dealt with professionally, no one was hurt and the Freds have got some very valuable media exposure.

I only saw it on the TV but the rate of descent didn't look fast enough to fly a reserve and the water landing was probably more luck than design...
How did that situation arise though? These things in my vast experience don't "just happen". That was the subject of debate. There is no planned "actions on parachute collapse" = nearest jumper on the front risers scoop up and hold then direct to safe area.

Bloody hell, it happened again?
Well you see its all Lord Ravers of winterfells fault if only he thought to mention the "Red Devil's" in the original thread title we could have avoided repeat threads......

Or the OP didn't search making him a Cock.

You could type into google Red Devils and see their official statement mentioning that:

A) colliding canopy is part of the display the only drama this time being that it got caught on the higher jumper.
B) it was always a planned water landing
C) it's quite common when conducting such drills

Or just ask random people on here.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Anybody else think that female robotic voiceover on the video was a little..........Ahem......Strange but ermm....You know?

How did that situation arise though? These things in my vast experience don't "just happen". That was the subject of debate. There is no planned "actions on parachute collapse" = nearest jumper on the front risers scoop up and hold then direct to safe area.
[conspiracy mode on]

Maybe they wanted some positive media coverage, couldn't have occurred at a better time right at the start of the Summer display season.
MOD won't be disappointed as it has the potential to improve recruiting figures.
[/conspiracy mode on]

Stranger things have happened.

Part of the routine was stacking the parachutes (there's probably a technical term for it), the first hook up went pear shaped.

As there's a very likely hood of this happening, I wouldn't be surprised if they had at least planned for it.

Part of the routine was stacking the parachutes (there's probably a technical term for it), the first hook up went pear shaped.

As there's a very likely hood of this happening, I wouldn't be surprised if they had at least planned for it.
If you read Dollsteeth's post # 11 the answer is there.

Well you see its all Lord Ravers of winterfells fault if only he thought to mention the "Red Devil's" in the original thread title we could have avoided repeat threads......

Or the OP didn't search making him a Cock.
I am not a cock spunkhead. Feck me whatever happened the BPA STC will doubtless have something to say about it. To me it looked like a canopy collision that can only happen to a ballbag but at least had a positive result. The ones I witnessed never did. It certainly wasn't planned for and skydiving is not a dangerous sport like spouted on the news last night.