Any info on these rations?

The_Poltroon

Clanker
Carsons came in a blue wrapper... came in tins in the old 10 man ration pack., don't know when you served though Carsons disappeared from rations in the mid to late 1960s last I saw a bar was in Libya 1967 - presumably because stocks were exhausted.
Never heard of Caxtons - what years was that brand around?

I'm not a ration buff... I was infantry - just ate them!
I joined in 1987 which is when I first remember Caxtons.

I first recall seeing OP chocolate in the ration packs a couple of years later

Dr Death

Swinger
All rations the Army give its troops to eat is delicious & nutritionally good for you.
If in any doubt check the stools you produce, please do not do as one soldier did a few years ago bring them to the med centre for us to look at. We are medics not experts on turds, leave that they to lesser Corps or Regiments.

Even though by dissecting them you can work out a lot about them & want you are eating/drinking.

I did not train for 10 years to inspect turds however much you think I did!

All rations the Army give its troops to eat is delicious & nutritionally good for you.
If in any doubt check the stools you produce, please do not do as one soldier did a few years ago bring them to the med centre for us to look at. We are medics not experts on turds, leave that they to lesser Corps or Regiments.

Even though by dissecting them you can work out a lot about them & want you are eating/drinking.

I did not train for 10 years to inspect turds however much you think I did!
I'm surprised the Tom could bring a turd in for you to study. Usually a steady diet of C Rats plugged everything up for awhile. (One Who Knows)

Brit Ration.JPG
Ham and Lima Beans.jpg

I'm surprised the Tom could bring a turd in for you to study. Usually a steady diet of C Rats plugged everything up for awhile. (One Who Knows)
Not your well known Mexican friend then, Juan HuNose ;) .

I always used to take a ziploc of dried fruit with me to snack on to prevent constipation. FYI. For the advanced practitioner; Haribos generally act as a mild laxative too.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not your well known Mexican friend then, Juan HuNose ;) .

I always used to take a ziploc of dried fruit with me to snack on to prevent constipation. FYI. For the advanced practitioner; Haribos generally act as a mild laxative too.
Three slabs of Exlax chocolate is also pretty effective.

Three slabs of Exlax chocolate is also pretty effective.
Chuckling away at visions of someone running off to a tree with a shovel and bog roll with the trailing end fluttering in the breeze - and you'd definitely be holding your own placky bag too.

I'm more about being regular than speed, aggression & surprise when it comes to bowel movements.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
An acquaintance of a good friend lived on the patch.
Neighbour had a German Shepherd which they locked in the small kitchen during the day and it barked from the time they'd both left the house until one had returned from work to let the poor creature out.

This racket was a source of annoyance to maatjie's wife, at home with two small children.

After numerous requests for the neighbours to let their dog out during the day were ignored, just after they'd left one morning he dropped two unwrapped bars of chocolate Exlax through the rear letterbox.

On returning home that evening the neighbours found they had 01 x very sad hond, an indoor pool where their kitchen had been and an interesting olfactory experience throughout the house.

The dog was allegedly treated to a kennel in the garden with an attached running line.
Which stopped it barking.

I'm told it wouldn't touch chocolate again.

Latest Threads