Hi everyone! I'm trying to find info on these rations, I thought you guys could help.
- Gurkha rations - did anyone eat any? Does anyone have any pictures, or even still have any?
- Compo rations - What were yours like? What was the difference between bacon grill and bacon burgers?
- Emergency rations - when did you stop getting issued these? Where they just chocolate, or did they have other things in them as well?
- 24hr rations - What did they look like before 1980? Were there any prototypes or different varieties you were issued?
- 2 man rations - when were these issued? Did they come in metal or cardboard boxes?
- International rations - what were rations like for the French, Germans, Italians, Canadians etc?
- I've heard stories about units in the 60s and 70s getting rations from WW2 and even WW1 - is this true? Were they still good? What was in them?
- Info and pictures of old rations are very hard to find. Do you have any pictures of old rations (say, before 2000), or even newer rations (excluding the new British ORPs, I know quite a bit about them).
- Lastly - Do you have any old rations or compo rations you would be willing to sell/ give away? I collect and restore old rations, and old rations are getting harder to find every year.