Any info on 6 Scots?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Azzurri, Jun 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    Ive been talking to the recruiting team at 6 Scots and want to go infantry. Just wondering if anyone can give me any lowdown on them. Training opportunities, deployments, support, troop retention, moral etc?
    Any infos great really. Just trying to make sure I choose the right unit.
    Cheers,

2. Ive currently just joined them C company in maryhill,{about 2 months} great bunch of guys,after i finish summer challenge should be better cause ill be able to go away weekends etc with them,think there's a few guys away to chillwell? prior to them doing a tour this year.is it C company you're interested in?

3. Aye it was c company Im into. Fancy doin a bit of infantry soldiering and just want to make sure I get the right unit. With the summer challenge do you get home at weekends or is it 7 weeks straight? It seems a good idea tho, get it all done in one go then get right into the unit when you return. Do you know if they are gonna be actively recruiting through the next year?

4. Any 6 Scots in particular, or will any do?

5. 7 weeks non stop,starts next week,there always actively recruiting,if your from glasgow or closer then C company would probably be better since you wouldn't have to travel far,there's only 2 TA infantry units in scotland ,6 scots lowland and 7 scots highland there is detachments throughout scotland

6 scots

7 scots

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Not forgetting A Coy of 4 Para in Glasgow and Edinburgh if you fancy a more physically challenging option.

7. are they in glasgow...fack :cry:

8. Glasgow and Edinburgh. Which location are you in?

9. am in paisley,i didn't know they were there.

10. New Pearson hall just behind the MacDonalds at the Skypark.

11. What he said LINK

12. Para does sound like a real challenge. Does it have good opportunities for courses, deployments Etc?
    Do they recruit frequently cos I thought they were very popular and have waiting lists?

13. Just Google 4 Para or PM The Duke.

Good luck.

14. Why not go the whole hog and join C Squadron, 23 SAS :)

15. Lots of opportunities, particularly with deployments (once through CIC/PPS). The next Recruit Cadre starts in July, so phone today!!