Any ideas ?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Double_Duck, Nov 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me what this is ?, someone asked me and i thought it might have been a Leopard 2 but apparently not, thanks..

[​IMG]

2. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Looks like a tank to me.

3. Looks like a "Walt" bush pretending to be a tank.

4. Looks like a Merkava to me.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Abrahams? 50 cal on the lid is a clue

6. Can't be Merkava its not parked in a poor Palistian's house.

7. Merkava has a .50 too.

8. looks similar to a leclerc - but its hard because Ive only every seen em going backwards before. Must be the only one the french have with forward gears.

9. Doesn't the Merk have dangly, bobbly, chainy things hanging twixt turrent and hull?

10. Possibly a South Korean Type 88K1 ?

11. Thanks for all the ideas guys, no wonder i was having trouble working it out ..

12. The Tankie thinks this might be right as well.

I'm just the messenger...

13. None of the above, lads.

It's a Japanese Type-90, with the dozer/scraping blade mounted up front in the raised position. The pintle .50 cal with the chute is pretty distinctive.
    What looks like a sloping turret front is actually the 'shooting star' insignia of the Fuji Tank School Brigade. (Possibly 2nd Company), which, combined with the foilage, really gets confusing.

[​IMG]

Now, who's buying my pint?

NTM

PS: What's with the 'Abrahams' business? "Abrams". No 'h's, two syllables.

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Quote: What's with the 'Abrahams' business? "Abrams". No 'h's, two syllables.
    Stopped bothering with spelling when you lot stopped bothering with numbering sequentially and logically and started to recycle names and numbers for bits of kit. There can only be 1 M1 and it shouldnt be a Tank, if the last was an M60 or was that an excuse for a GPMG then the next should follow on numerically! And you lot accuse us of having confusing systems!

15. loolk like a leclerc, u can tell by the white flags