Any ideas what this is on my lawn?

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Looks like a lack of, erm, grass! Just guessing like as I am NOT Percy Thrower

Cant upload phots for some reason. Its like a 3 inch dia pipe protruding from the ground with the end flush at grass level. After being mown over several times it has some pretty lethal edges and I want to dig it out.

House is a new build - 6 years old. Suspect it may be some kind of drainage thing? Will keep trying to upload phot.

No joy uploading..No idea why - tried via phone and PC.

It might be a vent pipe. If it is, your house has been built on a rubbish tip or the site of a petrol station and your house is now worthless.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
One of those clothes line thingys? The metal pipe that you stand the whirly bit in.

Maybe somebody buried a bulldozer and you're looking at the exhaust.

If it was the bulldozer used to bury crated Spitfires back in 1946, I'll give you a hand to dig it out. Half shares on whatever we find, mind.

It might be a mortar barrel though the only reason I can think of as to why it would have been left there is if there was a misfire and the crew scarpered. Try prodding inside it with a steel rod to see if there's a bomb still in there.

Might be anything down there.............. an old WW2 Bomb Store
an old WW1 Mustard Gas Store
A secret alien headquarters
Tracy island Air vent
A discarded drainage pipe the builders couldnt be arse to clear up

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It'll be a fecking rodding eye, does nobody ever listen

Might be the muzzle of a Charlie G, whose unfortunate carrier expired on a run and was buried there and then by his section to save a few miles of firemans lifts.............

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P NOW That's What I Call ARRSE 1 98
C Army Reserve 20
E Current Affairs, News and Analysis 13