Any ideas what this is on my lawn?

Discussion in 'DIY' started by supermatelot, May 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Looks like a lack of, erm, grass! Just guessing like as I am NOT Percy Thrower

2. If it's like on my lawn, 3ins long and brown, it's tortoise turd.

3. Cant upload phots for some reason. Its like a 3 inch dia pipe protruding from the ground with the end flush at grass level. After being mown over several times it has some pretty lethal edges and I want to dig it out.

House is a new build - 6 years old. Suspect it may be some kind of drainage thing? Will keep trying to upload phot.

No joy uploading..No idea why - tried via phone and PC.

4. It might be a vent pipe. If it is, your house has been built on a rubbish tip or the site of a petrol station and your house is now worthless.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

6. One of those clothes line thingys? The metal pipe that you stand the whirly bit in.

7. Have you recently thrown one of these away?

Manhole Cover.jpg

8. Maybe somebody buried a bulldozer and you're looking at the exhaust.

If it was the bulldozer used to bury crated Spitfires back in 1946, I'll give you a hand to dig it out. Half shares on whatever we find, mind.

9. Drop your trollies, fart down it and bung it up with a crumpled shopping bag.

If a turf doesn't spring up and Lord Lucan stumbles out, retching....... it's wot he said.

10. It might be a mortar barrel though the only reason I can think of as to why it would have been left there is if there was a misfire and the crew scarpered. Try prodding inside it with a steel rod to see if there's a bomb still in there.

11. Might be anything down there.............. an old WW2 Bomb Store
    an old WW1 Mustard Gas Store
    A secret alien headquarters
    Tracy island Air vent
    A discarded drainage pipe the builders couldnt be arse to clear up

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It'll be a fecking rodding eye, does nobody ever listen

• Like Like x 1