Any ideas what this boat is? e-bay

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by chocolate_frog, Jun 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Grumblegrunt

    Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

    certainly interesting, probably something from the boathouse in poole as it looks like the kind of thing used in pairs to drop off a recce party before they took to floppy raiders

    I like the thinking but it cant be stable - can it, unless thats what the drain pipes are for.
  2. Looks like a cross between an Action Man accessory and a towable water-bowser.
  3. Just had a look at it, CF, never seen owt like it before.
    What did seem unusual was the way he says ' steer
    with your feet' as if this was a new invention,
    intriguing, someone will know!
  4. Maybe the pipes at the back fit either side of outboard, and the cordage connects with footpedals inside boat, enabling steering.
  5. The Pipes look more like an early automatic bailer. As the boat goes forward and the bow rises on the plane the water gathers at the back and runs out the hoses. due to the forward movement water cannot run in the pipes and when your about to slow down you pull the pipes up using the lanyards to stop water entering.
  6. Readin the discription (should have done this earlier) I would think it's an aid to submerging/sinking craft, to aid concealment.
  7. It's called a SKUA normally has a small 25Hp outboard on.
    used by "them"
  8. Wouldn't like to try an Hand Roll in it though!

  9. That's precisely what they are, and how they are used. Pretty standard type of thing in most inflatable/planing craft although most are made from 'layflat' hose rather than corrugated, as it stows tidier.