Any ideas please?

B

Barbarella

I was wondering if any of you very clever fellows could enlighten me as to which Regiment this chap was in?

Attachments

Dunno, but the haircut is an example to many on here. Can you give us some context?

B

Barbarella

He is my Great Great Uncle - I think. There are three possible relations - all Cav. If I can find out what he was in the Regiment then I will be able to hopefully work out which relation it is from that. My grandmother and I were sorting all the family tree and photos when she died. I have a whole box of similar random family photos to sift through...

I know that one was responsible for getting all the horses rounded up to be sent out to Palestine - he lost over 50 from his own stables.

He's a Surgeon-Captain/Surgeon-Major in the Lifeguards.

Then why is he wearing MT gauntlets? (Sorry couldn't resist, but am very interested to know the final outcome)

I must admit the uniform could be HCAV, however looking at the headgear, it could be 13/18H or 4/7DG or their antecedents.

B

Barbarella

Have done some more digging - his name is Jack Dalziel. Is there any chance he could be a vet? I think he had something to do with finding horses for the regiment.

The photo was taken between 1948 and 1958, if that's any use.