Any ideas please?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Barbarella, Jul 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering if any of you very clever fellows could enlighten me as to which Regiment this chap was in?

Attached Files:

• jack.jpg
      jack.jpg
      File size:
      24.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Looks like Household Cavalry

3. Rank? And clues on what the medals might have been for?

4. Officer ;)

A close up would help

5. Dunno, but the haircut is an example to many on here. Can you give us some context?

6. it pixelates too much when I zoom in. What are the star ones?

7. He is my Great Great Uncle - I think. There are three possible relations - all Cav. If I can find out what he was in the Regiment then I will be able to hopefully work out which relation it is from that. My grandmother and I were sorting all the family tree and photos when she died. I have a whole box of similar random family photos to sift through...

I know that one was responsible for getting all the horses rounded up to be sent out to Palestine - he lost over 50 from his own stables.

8. He's a Surgeon-Captain/Surgeon-Major in the Lifeguards.

9. Then why is he wearing MT gauntlets? (Sorry couldn't resist, but am very interested to know the final outcome)

10. Did he ever find them? :p

11. I must admit the uniform could be HCAV, however looking at the headgear, it could be 13/18H or 4/7DG or their antecedents.

12. Can you post his name - the enterprising chaps on here could then probably find him. Question. Would all the medals be gazetted?

13. The cocked hat could be a couple of units.

14. Is the straight Sword any indication? Thought Cav had curved Sabres?