Any ideas on the effects of defence cuts on QARANC

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by abbw772, Feb 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I am a qualified nurse with 2 years post reg experience currently working in ITU, and quite frankly I need a change. I applied for a Nursing bursary some years back with the QARANC but failed medical for being too fat!! And fair play I was a porker. (I’m now slim and fit......i promise, and thinking about reapplying for a commission in the QA’s but don’t want to go through the entire process to find out that there planning to make cuts to the QA. Any info would be a massive help!?!

Cheers and be kind I’m a newby!!
  2. Being slim and fit helps of course.......... ;o)
  3. But rarely essential
  4. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

and don't worry, as soon as you join up you can get fat again
  5. Thanks For that!!
  6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

If you have an ITU qualification they'll bite your hand off. You can look forward to annual deployments and being on SLE in between...
  7. What is SLE?? sorry if this is a stupid question????
  8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

It's being on standby to go away wherever needed.
  9. Just like any other ITU job to be honest.......................with more stamps in your passport................................ :eek:)
  10. There's more than enough horizontally challenged 'healthcare professionals' in the QARANC, so don't worry about it pall. Once your in your can eat your own body weight daily...

11. If there was an ARRSE 'Hall of Fame' for quotes...that one would top the bill.