Any idea?

Ask the people you work for instead of trawling the internet, you douchebag. In summary, you did a few years, didn't like it/couldn't hack it (insert excuse here) and four years later decide because you are skint, you might try that "army thing" again to make a bit of cash. And you don't have the wherewith-all to ask a simple query of your admin staff. Well done.

Ask the people you work for instead of trawling the internet, you douchebag. In summary, you did a few years, didn't like it/couldn't hack it (insert excuse here) and four years later decide because you are skint, you might try that "army thing" again to make a bit of cash. And you don't have the wherewith-all to ask a simple query of your admin staff. Well done.[/QUOTE

In all fairness to the OP, when I was in the admin staff were either too ignorant or too lazy to answer questions such as this.

From ABN 110/12

The current DINs relating to the process for Regular and Ex-Regular officers and soldiers enlisting into the Territorial Army (TA) state that the 3rd Year level of Bounty is the maximum that can be claimed during their first year in the TA3. This ABN rescinds this specific direction. Dependent on Regular time serviced, Regular and ex-Regular officers and soldiers will now be able to claim up to the 5th Year level of Bounty in their first year in the TA.
Regular and Ex-Regular officers and soldiers, upon enlistment into the TA and dependent on Regular time served, will be able to claim up to the 5th Year level of TA Bounty [£1674] in their first year provided that all training and commitment conditions are met and provided that there has not been a break in service of more than three years.
JSP 754

Previous Service

04.0507. Previous full-time service in any of HM Regular Forces, or service in any of the Reserve Forces in which the full training bounty has been earned by the completion of obligatory training, may count towards qualifying service for higher rates of bounty, provided such service terminated less than 3 years before joining/re-joining any of the volunteer Reserve Forces. Previous Regular service does not automatically entitle an individual to the Year 5 bounty rate. The following table shows the rate of bounty that is awarded when a reservist qualifies for bounty in their 1st year with any previous qualifying service included:

Years Previous Service Bounty Rate to be Awarded
0 Year 1
1 Year 2
2 Year 3
3 Year 4
4 Year 5
How long have you been in the TA?

If you joined in May last year (as in May 2012) then I do believe you get sod all.

Hope this helps.

Tucker, don't listen to some of these on here, I asked a friend who's an army clerk, you are entitled to a bounty of at least 90 thousand jelly tots, let's face it no sweet can beat their sugar delite and fruity taste.

Year 1 Bounty then, I believe, seeing as you have had a break in service of 4 years.

But don't take the word of a random man from the Internet - ask your RAOs Dept at the first opportunity to confirm.

My first year bounty was pro rata'd based on the 7 months service I had done in that training year. Not sure what impact previous service would have but seems there are a few JSP gurus here already.

Ask the people you work for instead of trawling the internet, you douchebag. In summary, you did a few years, didn't like it/couldn't hack it (insert excuse here) and four years later decide because you are skint, you might try that "army thing" again to make a bit of cash. And you don't have the wherewith-all to ask a simple query of your admin staff. Well done.
Perfectly reasonable question.

He can't ask his unit because its the weekend and closed anyway.

Gobby pricks like you really, really don't help. Luckily, some people aren't simply trying to be internet Billy Big Bollocks and have given him some pointers. You know **** all about his reasons for rejoining, so stop slagging him off. All you need to know is that he has rejoined.

And don't say "douchebag" unless you are from the US.

Prick.

Perfectly reasonable question.

He can't ask his unit because its the weekend and closed anyway.

Gobby pricks like you really, really don't help. Luckily, some people aren't simply trying to be internet Billy Big Bollocks and have given him some pointers. You know **** all about his reasons for rejoining, so stop slagging him off. All you need to know is that he has rejoined.

And don't say "douchebag" unless you are from the US.

Prick.
What? Weekend warriors don't work weekends??? 😢

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)