Any idea where I can get photos used by the BBC?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Bolo-Driller, Jun 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this is in the wrong area, mods please feel free to move it if it is.

Basically Im looking to get my hands on a photo from the 2001 Queens Birthday Parade. I was on the Colour Party and alot of camera/TV attention was focused on us at the start of the parade. There are pictures of the 3 of us in the old Grenadier Guards recruitment flyer and was wondering whereabouts I can get hold of large copy of the photo?

Would I have to speak to the BBC/Sky News or would anywhere else be any use?

The photo im after is the one where we were at the present and the Colour was taken out of its case by the drummer.

Any help would be massively appreciated.
  2. Try this link matey BBC Help
  3. or MoD press office.
  4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

BBC can supply nearly all footage and photos, or put you in touch with the owner - you may have to pay a royalty as a lot is only used by them under license from the copyright holder.
  5. How do I get hold of the MOD press office now as a snivelling civvy?

Sounds a bit hom but that was the proudest moment of my life so it would be nice to have a copy of the photo rather than the grainy VHS recording I have from it!!!!
  6. Hutton Picture Library!

.......took about 20 seconds to google :roll: although if you haven't tried it why not ask your Regimental Association
  8. hutton picture library came up with a pic of some rather dashing chaps in bowler hats!!!
    Press office no joy either. Looks like it may be the Association or stand by for a reply for the BBC.

Chers fellas