Any idea where I can get a copy of my discharge paperwork

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Krazy_Ivan, Apr 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I was MD'd from the Army back in 2006. I received my Red book round about April of the same year. I've been working out in Afghan for the past two years and am currently in the process of applying for a different job. The only problem with this, is that the potential new employer need a copy of my discharge paperwork.

    From what I understand all they are after is the certificate stating "Name, Rank, number was discharged from the services with exemplary conduct"

    Any pointers would be much appreciated....

  2. Auld-Yin

    Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

    You only get the Red Book once - if you have lost it tough.

    however, not all is lost. If you write to APC * you can ask for all you docs amongst which will be photocopies of your AFB108 entries.

    *Not sure of the address but the letter I received with mine some 8 years ago was:

    Army Personnel Centre
    Disclosure Section2
    Data Protection Cell
    Kentigern House
    65 Brown Street
    Glasgow G2 8EX

    Check on the Veterns Website for actual.

    The good thing is when they send your papers there are all these great course reports which are good to read, and then there is your crimesheet - which may not be so good :oops:
  3. I have been out for two years now and I have not received anything, no red book, no docs. Is it the same place I write to?
  4. Some things are best left in the past. :D

    Pocoyo - it's worth a shot. The original is probably with the Chief Shiney-arse at your last unit.
  5. oldbaldy

    oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

  6. Thanks for the link OB - bookmarked! I think I'll try that - allthough I have all my docs they are rather unconvincing photocopied standard docs. I'd be interested to see what's on my records, especially as when I left Sandhurst my Parachute Record Card had gone from about 80 jumps to zero. (They wouldn't let me go back to Brize though.)
  7. Just got mine from that site,takes over forty days,the only para records you get are basic para course stating you are qualified.

    Should have kept a log book :)
  8. oldbaldy

    oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

    40 days!! They must have speeded up, mine took 6 months & some strongly worded emails.
  9. I'll give the last unit a shot but as it was Main Building I don't hold out much hope!
  10. FO Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig metal filing cabinet, along with a lot of others.
  11. Cheers Gungythree. I'm going to give it a pop as soon as I've moved houses. Ref logbook, I was rather chuffed when I arrived as a one pip wonder to discover I wasn't Para qualified let alone had any jumps. Free holiday in Brize I was thinking. No chance - Battalion jump on red lanyard the same week! In my day - possibly you days as well, the company office kept a Parachute Record Card (PRC) which the company clark never bothered to update. I suspect at Sandhurst they took a look at it and went "WTF's this" and into the bin it went!

    I'd love to see my penultuimate CR again as well. The worst write up ever from a fat 82nd AB exchange Major.