any help/ info

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by sharkie, Aug 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a rlc driver rad op and I am due posting on promotion to full screw
    I am enquiring as to any space for me in any mt/ rad op posts so I can fill out the ppp form as such
    regards

2. I don't think we have any Rad Ops in our MI Bns. However, someone may know different and advise accordingly.

The only drivers we have are the CO's driver which is a JNCO post. I know at least one of these posts is available in Sep 09, but can't help with you with number and availability of others.

You could put a blanket choice and opt for 1 MI Bde.

Good luck

3. Ever looked at Bowman App Spec? May need a few of them shortly.

4. HOW WOULDS I GO ABOUT FINDING OUT ABOUT THE 1 MI CO'S DRIVER ONE AS I HAVE DRIVEN BDE CMDRS AND CO'S IN THE PAST . WHERE ABOUTS IS 1 MI?

5. 1 MI Bde includes the following Units:

1 MI Bn - Germany (HQ at Rheindahlen).
    2 MI Bn - UK (HQ in Netheravon).
    3 (V) MI Bn - TA (HQ in London).
    4 MI Bn - UK (HQ in Bulford).
    5 (V) MI Bn - TA (HQ near Middlesborough).

The easiest way to find out is to ring the Units and ask.

6. i have spoken to the mt 2ic and he doesnt know about future postings but he did say they have 4 l/r ffr bowman there though they are never used , where there is bowman and l/rovers there should be rad ops though i will try and find out more about them

7. Speak English big fella and someone might understand you, where are you talking about?. As a Cpl though I think you are unemployable in 1 MI Bde just now until establishments change.

8. or you might find that they are just used a couple of times a year on bn conc & pre-deployment training. or something like that. so needed, but full-time drivers not needed.

9. Not really the case my old son. Yes you have Dvr Rad Ops in the infantry battalions, who are specifically "pinged" to look after the vehicle and the comms, however within the MI Bns, the rovers (now called Platforms) are normally issued to sections who have the responsibility of looking after them, hence no Rad Op. In the BOWMAN era this lack of Rad Ops is countered by the fact that ALL users should be capable of initialising and operating a platform, whatever their role, be it a grunt or an analyist. However, due to skill fade and a general sense of malaise, this seems to have fallen into the ditch somewhat. However, things are afoot to remedy this.

10. m8, i fink U R in the int corps alrdy
    Nce try :wink:

11. Sharkie - the 1 MI Bn CO's driver slot has just changed hands and I'm pretty sure its a Lance Jack slot anyway. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.