Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have an issue regarding the medical checks etc. I have been 4 years clear of asthma however on my medical records it says I have had 2 cases of oral steroids used to treat asthma. This is a bar to entry for me however this was apparently used to treat a chest infection not asthma, would anyone be able to tell me if this would mean I could be eligible if it was just for a chest infection? Thanks.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Hello, I have an issue regarding the medical checks etc. I have been 4 years clear of asthma however on my medical records it says I have had 2 cases of oral steroids used to treat asthma. This is a bar to entry for me however this was apparently used to treat a chest infection not asthma, would anyone be able to tell me if this would mean I could be eligible if it was just for a chest infection? Thanks.
Presumably you had an exacerbation of asthma as steroids don’t treat infection.

I know I've read online they don't help but I have never had an asthma attack to my knowledge it also isn't on my medical records that I've had one. I'm just really confused I suppose I'll get my answer once I have completed the medical. Do you think maybe because I have had no asthma attacks I could get my gp to put this down as an error? would that help in any way?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I know I've read online they don't help but I have never had an asthma attack to my knowledge it also isn't on my medical records that I've had one. I'm just really confused I suppose I'll get my answer once I have completed the medical. Do you think maybe because I have had no asthma attacks I could get my gp to put this down as an error? would that help in any way?
I assume your chest sounded so bad that it needed steroids and antibiotics. People without asthma don’t tend to need steroids.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

An error on 2 occasions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads