Any Help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have an issue regarding the medical checks etc. I have been 4 years clear of asthma however on my medical records it says I have had 2 cases of oral steroids used to treat asthma. This is a bar to entry for me however this was apparently used to treat a chest infection not asthma, would anyone be able to tell me if this would mean I could be eligible if it was just for a chest infection? Thanks.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Hello, I have an issue regarding the medical checks etc. I have been 4 years clear of asthma however on my medical records it says I have had 2 cases of oral steroids used to treat asthma. This is a bar to entry for me however this was apparently used to treat a chest infection not asthma, would anyone be able to tell me if this would mean I could be eligible if it was just for a chest infection? Thanks.
Presumably you had an exacerbation of asthma as steroids don’t treat infection.

I know I've read online they don't help but I have never had an asthma attack to my knowledge it also isn't on my medical records that I've had one. I'm just really confused I suppose I'll get my answer once I have completed the medical. Do you think maybe because I have had no asthma attacks I could get my gp to put this down as an error? would that help in any way?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I know I've read online they don't help but I have never had an asthma attack to my knowledge it also isn't on my medical records that I've had one. I'm just really confused I suppose I'll get my answer once I have completed the medical. Do you think maybe because I have had no asthma attacks I could get my gp to put this down as an error? would that help in any way?
I assume your chest sounded so bad that it needed steroids and antibiotics. People without asthma don’t tend to need steroids.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer

An error on 2 occasions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads