Any Good Car Recycling in

crustyrusty

On ROPS
On ROPs
Any good car recycling companies in Surrey/Sussex/London within the M25 or within 20 miles outside?
Got a 2004 toyota yaris to get shot of, good runner but bought another car, dealer did not want to be loaded with it. But still gave us money off, car worth £450 MoT till October hence webuyanycar does not want it

That might be some impoverished individual's dream just to get them to a minumum wage job.
Gumtree?
I'm being genuine...one man's muck and all that.
I'd have bitten your hand off 40 years back.

We gave the MiL's car to the local colleges automotive engineering department for stooodents to practice on. It was still in very good shiny condition though.

Stupid option: Take it to the other side of town, rip open the fuel cap, shove a rag in there, set light and run. Then claim on the insurance......I'm sure @Arte_et_Marte won't tell his former colleagues.

crustyrusty

On ROPS
On ROPs
We gave the MiL's car to the local colleges automotive engineering department for stooodents to practice on. It was still in very good shiny condition though.

Stupid option: Take it to the other side of town, rip open the fuel cap, shove a rag in there, set light and run. Then claim on the insurance......I'm sure @Arte_et_Marte won't tell his former colleagues.
Local car park that was excellent for that..
The local council just got an award as one of the top 10 safest car parks in the County!
Complete bar stewards, Is Croydon still good for car thefts?

If you do decide to flog it on Gumtree/Facebook Marketplace, just be aware that that end of the market is full of mouthbreathers. You'll get offers of £80 plus a broken Xbox, swap for a dog, all sorts of nonsense.

Also worth noting is that if you do sell it, there's the possibility of the buyer turning up at your door 18 months later when it fails the MoT. (Happened to me, twice).

Sold as seen.

Car seller's contract | AA

Just leave the keys in it and a window open, legally parked in a druggy / knobhead joyrider hotspot.

It will get nicked, smashed up and dumped and you'll get a bit of insurance money to cover the unfortunate loss of your cherished little run around.

Below 500 quid is free on Autotrader and they hide your number with a one way dial number. Around London you'll get loads of calls. I flogged an old 07 plate focus that hadn't had an mot for 2 years on sorn, bald tyres and wafers for brake pads, was fighting them off with a shitty stick!

Any good car recycling companies in Surrey/Sussex/London within the M25 or within 20 miles outside?
Got a 2004 toyota yaris to get shot of, good runner but bought another car, dealer did not want to be loaded with it. But still gave us money off, car worth £450 MoT till October hence webuyanycar does not want it

Is it going to pass its next MoT without £££ of work?

If so, I might make an offer for it. My old mum (Woking area) needs a replacement for her Honda (which needs a £1500 gearbox). Normally she gets utterly ripped off buying from some spiv of a car dealer, and then a few months down the line ends up facing huge bills for repairs. It'll be more cost-effective if i just buy her a succession of £500 disposable motors.

Below 500 quid is free on Autotrader and they hide your number with a one way dial number. Around London you'll get loads of calls. I flogged an old 07 plate focus that hadn't had an mot for 2 years on sorn, bald tyres and wafers for brake pads, was fighting them off with a shitty stick!
I think I was in that minicab, last time I was in London!

Is it going to pass its next MoT without £££ of work?

If so, I might make an offer for it. My old mum (Woking area) needs a replacement for her Honda (which needs a £1500 gearbox). Normally she gets utterly ripped off buying from some spiv of a car dealer, and then a few months down the line ends up facing huge bills for repairs. It'll be more cost-effective if i just buy her a succession of £500 disposable motors.
It's known as "Bangernomics"

If you do decide to flog it on Gumtree/Facebook Marketplace, just be aware that that end of the market is full of mouthbreathers. You'll get offers of £80 plus a broken Xbox, swap for a dog, all sorts of nonsense.

Also worth noting is that if you do sell it, there's the possibility of the buyer turning up at your door 18 months later when it fails the MoT. (Happened to me, twice).

Sold as seen.

Seriously! Who are these fcuking idiots.

Sold as seen.

Theres no come back when you buy from private sellers short of it being nicked or having finance owing.

Theres no come back when you buy from private sellers short of it being nicked or having finance owing.
Correct, but the single-helix DNA types can threaten to go all legalz. If you use the template linked above,or one like it, you're golden.

A mate sold his GPz some years ago, both he and the buyer signed their copies of the document. Buyer came back a while later saying that the gearbox was knackered (it wasn't). Mate told him to poke it. A few days later, a solicitor's letter arrived. My pal was a bit worried. I replied to the solicitor on his behalf with copy of said recepit. No more hassle.

Correct, but the single-helix DNA types can threaten to go all legalz. If you use the template linked above,or one like it, you're golden.

A mate sold his GPz some years ago, both he and the buyer signed their copies of the document. Buyer came back a while later saying that the gearbox was knackered (it wasn't). Mate told him to poke it. A few days later, a solicitor's letter arrived. My pal was a bit worried. I replied to the solicitor on his behalf with copy of said recepit. No more hassle.
I must admit I enjoy winding up those fcukwit types , I remember the time I gave a potential customer a quote for a woodburner installation , I briefly ran through what we would do , never heard from him for around three weeks then he rang ranting and explained he had done the work himself based on what I`d told him when I quoted but his chimney breast had collapsed and would cost thousands to repair , it was all my fault , when I`d stopped laughing (that didnt help the matter) I told him to fcuk off , he threatened to sue me and went to see his solicitor,, never heard from again.

I gave a potential customer a quote for a woodburner installation , I briefly ran through what we would do , never heard from him for around three weeks then he rang ranting and explained he had done the work himself based on what I`d told him when I quoted but his chimney breast had collapsed and would cost thousands to repair , it was all my fault ,
you bastard....

flog it on Gumtree/Facebook Marketplace

Sold as seen.

+1

There's always people after a cheap car, sell it to them and feel good for helping them be happier. If you're an attention seeker advertise it as auction at "lots of bus routes stop" on Xyday at 1800

Scrap it and feel guilty for depriving needy and destroying environment