Any free pdf writers out there?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by ugly, Sep 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Looking for a free pdf writer or at least very cheap as I could use one for my little projects but am a bit of a biff!
  2. msr

msr LE

3. Scribus is free and top notch! Not sure if there's a MS version, but if there's an Ubuntu one, there should be!
  4. why: Why

5. msr

msr LE

Scribus is a desktop publishing program, you loon. Do read what ugly wrote: he asked for a free PDF writer
  6. Pretty sure I've been writing PDFs for work with it too! And it's free. Therefore, it covers the requirements, surely?

Edit: Added a bit.
  7. msr

msr LE

Nope, all he wants is to be able to produce pdfs from his current applications. Scribus is a desktop publishing program and so won't do that. Plus I would not recommend it to someone who describes themselves as a 'biff'
  8. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

I've used which is free and dead easy to use. Download, then go to 'file' on your doc, 'print' and select the PDF option and output it to the destination of your choice in the same way as 'save as'. Piece of cake.
  9. Drag2PDF grabs any docs like word docs or pics etc. and puts them into PDF format for you...
  10. MS Office 2007 allows you to save and publish in PDF Format across all packages.
    Does that help??? Or am I being a thicko to Ugly's requirements??
  11. That probably helps easesprings :)

I am guessing most of us here in this thread are still in the Dark Ages with MS Office 2003 ;)
  12. My copy of MS Word 2010 gives an option of saving as .pdf