Any Ferrari owners out there......??

I've got a Land Rover - does that help at all?

Sure,

I've been a long term collector. Let me know if we can share advice, tips, etc.

Here's my latest:

Untitled-1.jpg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not quite a Ferrari, but it's Italian and has a good vintage on it ^^

Attachments

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My cousin is a car dealer and has had quite a few really shit ones over the years, including a 328, 348, 400 and a really shite Mondial which he got for a couple of grand. He's also had a few Lancia Thema 8.32s which have Ferrari engines. I helped him do a dashboard change on a mate's Testarossa once and the underside of the dash was made out of corrugated plastic, the sort of stuff estate agent's signs are made out of, I kid you not. The reason we were changing the dash was because the plastic had started to disintegrate.

Personally I reckon the pre 1970s ones are lovely but anything built between 1975 and 2000 is generally quite crap, the newer ones are pretty good apparently but if I had that sort of cash to spend on a new car I'd probably go for a Alfa 8C.

Having said that, regardless of which model you are in, people still always look and either say ''wow a Ferrari!'' or ''wow what a dick!'' Even when driving the Mondial, which was worth less than most second hand family saloons, people still thought it was something really special, I suppose it's all about the badge for some people.

Don't even get me started on Maseratis.

If I could afford a Ferrari I'd buy a Porsche

Had enough of the Aston have we?

Probably the best and worst cars I have driven have both been Ferrari's on a track day.
Yep, Aston's gone. Nice car, but some design faults that get to you in the end, particularly driving position.

Bought a 612 Scaglietti in TdF blue. Great car, V12, 540BHP, 200mph.......and four seats you can use. Goes like stink and leaves the DB9 for dead.

Yep, Aston's gone. Nice car, but some design faults that get to you in the end, particularly driving position.

Bought a 612 Scaglietti in TdF blue. Great car, V12, 540BHP, 200mph.......and four seats you can use. Goes like stink and leaves the DB9 for dead.
Very nice, not the looker of the DB9 though?

(flash git)

I think I prefer it to the 612 on the looks front. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it's not as "flash". In fact, it can go by unnoticed until you put your foot down.

Problem with the DB9 is that the boot lets in water when opened after rain, ditto windows. The driving position will cripple a gymnast after a few hours and the back seats are only useful as a very expensive luggage rack. On driving, it's a bit too nose heavy.

The 612 is a true sports car insofar as it's front/mid-engined (engine is behind the front axel), so it handles extraordinarily well. Much more grunt that the Aston too. Carbon ceramic brakes makes a difference as well.

I'd describe it thus: the Aston is a coupe trying to be a sports car, the Ferrari is a sports car trying to be a coupe. Sure, they're actually both GT's, but seemingly arrived there from different directions.

I sat and watched a knobber try to parallel park his Ferrari in a space big enough for a transit van. Eventually he gave up and moved forward, so I swooped my Disco into the space with the minimum of fuss, Reginald Molehusband styley. I would say I owned him if not the Ferrari itself...