Any females thinking about joining the infantry?

In answer to the OP; yes, but whether they are unwise enough to discuss the matter on this site where they will be open to the derision and abuse of a bunch of inadequate old farts who can't get their heads around the fact that the world has moved on from the 1950's, I'm not so sure.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
We have one about to start going through training in the Reserves

In answer to the OP; yes, but whether they are unwise enough to discuss the matter on this site where they will be open to the derision and abuse of a bunch of inadequate old farts who can't get their heads around the fact that the world has moved on from the 1950's, I'm not so sure.
1850s you mean

JNM

War Hero
To be fair I think the only real issue people have is the standards women have to meet. If they have to carry the same weight and run the same times and score the same then people don’t have issue, but when they have to do half the push ups or have an extra 2 mins to run 1.5 mile then people have issue.

To be fair I think the only real issue people have is the standards women have to meet. If they have to carry the same weight and run the same times and score the same then people don’t have issue, but when they have to do half the push ups or have an extra 2 mins to run 1.5 mile then people have issue.
Then there’s the ******* 100 mile long scroll that’s been spread across the internet of the “psychological differences” that it would affect the way combat works as well as morale

British public also would react VERY differently if a male soldier got captured, compared to how they would if a female soldier got captured, because we all know what would be happening to said female soldier

JNM

War Hero
Then there’s the ******* 100 mile long scroll that’s been spread across the internet of the “psychological differences” that it would affect the way combat works as well as morale

British public also would react VERY differently if a male soldier got captured, compared to how they would if a female soldier got captured, because we all know what would be happening to said female soldier
Which is another kettle of fish for politicians to deal with but going into the army in just over a week my only issue would be them meeting the same requirements.

British public also would react VERY differently if a male soldier got captured, compared to how they would if a female soldier got captured, because we all know what would be happening to said female soldier[/QUOTE

And there we go assuming the enemy will be"just" like us, the Russians for all their faults would probably just kill you, compare that to the west side boys or isis.We have to get out of the mindset that anyone plays "fair" anymore, it is literally dog eats dog except we keep feeding the dog on our own guilt.

That is a reasonable issue that I share. It is not however the approach of some as 5 minutes on the 'Women in the infantry' thread will reveal; including those whose posts have already been removed from this thread by the moderator.
Edited to add. It has just occurred to me that I had exactly the same privilege [extra time to complete my run] when I did my basic training because of my age. I didn't need it, but how does that square with the 'absolute standards' idea.

Last edited:

JNM

War Hero
That is a reasonable issue that I share. It is not however the approach of some as 5 minutes on the 'Women in the infantry' thread will reveal; including those whose posts have already been removed from this thread by the moderator.
Edited to add. It has just occurred to me that I had exactly the same privilege [extra time to complete my run] when I did my basic training because of my age. I didn't need it, but how does that square with the 'absolute standards' idea.
I get kids getting a bit extra because they have a year of traing to get it up to snuff, not a massive fan of older guys getting more time.