Any FCSA shooters on here?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Tiff, Aug 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just thought I'd see if there are any fellow FCSA members on here and plug the club a bit....
    For those who are not familiar with it, the Fifty Cal Shooters Association was formed to provided legitimate reason to hold and shoot the larger calibers (upto 20mm) on FAC. The club shoots on all the usual 50 cal ranges like brecon, warcop, lydd etc. Its always a good atmosphere and simply fun to shoot the big boomers at extended ranges.

http://www.fcsa.co.uk/

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I Know John M, isnt he the secretary? I know him from shooting with Offas Dyke club.

3. Yes John's the secretary and does a very good job of it :)
    The next shoot is on F range at Sennybridge on Sept 6th......

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I had a play with some of his smaller stuff at Kingsbury a couple of years ago!
    Keep up the good work! I still have some medals from ODRC in my brag cabinet!

5. Iwould like to shoot fifty cal, BUT there is the small question of cost and also suitable ranges over here.

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

FCSA
    Cost is always a problem but you can practise cheaply wit a rimfire, marksmanship principles are still the same!

7. Couldn't agree more, at £100-200 for a s/h CZ and 3-5p per round it's something most of us can afford. I often take my rimmy along to the ETR ranges. I find it takes much more skill to hit a fig 11 at 400-500 yards with the .22 than at 1,000 yards with the .338. Then again once you get into it, its amazing what you find you can afford :D

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have shot .22 rf, a decent brand mind, at 200 yards from a converted 1874 Martini Henry. 37 out of 50 wasnt bad. No4T has it now unless he has sold it!

9. 22RF BSA sportsman 15 with a 6x scope out to 400m. Quite comfortable at 300. 51 mins of elevation for 300yds.

10. Guys, how difficult is it to get back into shooting in the UK these days? I still shoot, but only abroad. It'd be nice to revisit old days - especially have a go at .50" stuff...!

11. Yes Please
    can I get it on my ticket for shooting vermin?

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Look on the club websites if you want to do range work or look at a sporting site if game and deer are your bag, I think this needs a new thread.

13. Cheers, will do...

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

There's a chap in my local club with a .50. He takes it out whenever they do a Lydd Day (and if he has the dosh for the ammo of course).

Cries himself to sleep most nights over the cost. Decided to sell it at one point, before realising to his horror . . . . nobody wants one!

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its worth owning just because you can. On that alone price is immaterial, just hope you dont buy one you cant shoot straight and then lose dosh part exing!