Any Ex Corps Members in Dubai?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by sebcoe, Sep 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would be nice to catch up have a beer in the the Rattlesnake!!! a bit like choppers, but full of Oriental Promise for 300 Dhs
  2. Not me anymore - thank fusk! Couldn't wait to get out of the place!!

- there are about 5 ex-AAC (including E3 and exchangees) flying for EK.

pm me if you want names etc
  3. Cheers mate, i ll do that.

4. Do they know about you there?
  5. Oh dear,

Yes Sam they do!!

You really should find out the facts before you gob off!

6. Guess I better change my name. If every time I login I get this crap!
  7. GingeG,

I'm not really sure what kind of reception you expected. You are an experienced guy and to be fair if you thought you were going to be welcomed back to arrse with open arms given your conviction I'd be surprised. Take a step back and look at previous posters in similiar (note, not the same) circumstances ie:LJH

I will state now that i do NOT know the facts, I actually know very little of the rumours or perceived events. Up until about 2 weeks ago I thought you were still in and didn't have a clue about anything.

I was shocked at what I heard and more importantly incredibly dissapointed to hear it, but at the same time I only heard conjecture. No-one that spoke was at the trial. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that most people felt the same, possibly one of the AACs best soldiers and a bit of a superstar, liked and respected by many, the person a lot of young soldiers aspired to be..goes and gets himself well and truly fcuked by getting done for (insert actual charge here as I don't know). Think about it Ginge, what would you think if it was someone else, someone you didn't know. Would you automatically give them the benefit of the doubt ? I'm not so sure you would.

So maybe, instead of having a dig at the diggers, and shouting about the facts, you should share them with us. I'm not sure that it will do you any good in the circumstances but it might (I stress MIGHT) get you somewhere. Other than that I think it would be prudent of you to have a new and anonymous ARRSE ID, unless of course you thrive on abuse.
  8. Floppyjockey,

What a sensible post. You are of course correct.

Ginge out!!
  9. As floppyjock has so eloquently put it, let's get the 'facts' as you put it, out in the open. I've actually known you for quite a long time and you're the last person to be telling someone else about 'gobbing off'. :roll:
  10. Ginge, PM me. Im in Abu Dhabi.
  11. Ginge i am working in Abu Dhabi, Drop me an email, cheers mate.
  12. Sebcoe,

Who do you work for in Abu Dhabi?

13. Ginge, you were a terrific RSM and one of the best soldiers that I met but come on do you treally think you deserve anything other than a frosty reception....Just bow out and bugger off and take your sordid past with you, not sure its legal in Dubai either!!