Any ex 24 Fld Sqn here?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by diverre, Jun 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any ex 24 Fld Sqn 1979 at Kitchener Bks up to when they first moved from Chatham to Chattenden?
  2. If anyone was. What I am after is a picture (or to buy if they have a spare) the old Flash we used to wear the Flying Donkey = Pegasus.

Cheers :D
  3. you clutching at straws there "diverre" ????

good luck, bit before my time (86 onwards).
  4. Cheers m8 :D
  5. Spent a year there, 93-94 MMMmmm

6. I know 2 people who were posted there. Both signed off within a couple of months......
  7. diverre
    When you say a 'picture' of said flying donkey,I have a small straw you can clutch at. I take it you mean of the badge only or will a complete stranger wearing one do?!!! Not me by the way.. even though we in 20 Sqn down the road wore it too. Didn't half upset the airborne elements if I remember. I've just been looking through some old photos and if I remember, they didn't last long cos it was connected with 6 Air Mobile brigade and I dont see anyone wearing it from 1980 onwards.. might be wrong. Let me know if it's of any help.. Cheers
  8. Hi mmm-babies-heads

That sounds about right. If I remember they were Blue with a yellow Flying Donkey.

I will PM you my email addy if you would be so kind as to email me a few pictures.

Also if you have one used or new I would like to buy it for my collection of badges I used to wear. Or if you know where or from whom I might be able to obtain one would be great also.

Babies Heads was one of my favourite Compo scrans too Mmmmm
  9. Ok!
    Look forward to your PM with E-mail addy and as I said, it's only a pic of someone wearing it!!
  10. Here guys. heres a picture of my collection of badges I wore when serving. All that I am missing is this Blue and Yellow Pegasus so if anybody knows whom or where I can buy one (Condition irrelevant) I would really appreciate it.

11. Was MT Corporal at Kitchener and Malta Lines about that time 79/82
  12. :cry: was a sapper in 3 troop '78 '80
  13. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

14. Thanks very much m8! He's on hols for now but will catch him on his return.

15. Got a spare 24 Fld Sqn Tie if anyone wants it. :D