Any eBay gurus out there?

G

Goku

I’ve been offered a second chance to buy an item I was bidding on but the payment method the chap wants to use sounds like it might be a bit of a con and I can’t find anything about his method in eBay’s help pages.

Below is a copy of an email I received from the seller, could anyone tell me if the transaction he’s describing is legitimate.

Thanks

For this product I offer free shipping.
This is new in sealed box and with 1 year warranty.
Shipping method: UPS Express.
Time delivery: 3-4 days.

This time I'm in Romania for a business trip and I'm unable to process the PayPal payments.
For both protection I want to enrole this transaction in the eBay Exchange Package system.
This is a 100% safe method.

Transaction process:
1. I'll send the package to you through eBay Exchange Package Service.
2. eBay will inspect the package and will send you the notification with the payment details through email.
Also you will receive and the UPS tracking number.
With this you can verify the shipment status online.
3. You will send the payment through MoneyGram on the eBay officer name. You can find a MoneyGram location in any bank.
5. After you will send the money through MoneyGram you will reply with the notification received from eBay with the Reference Number and your complete name exactly how this appear on the MoneyGram receipt.
6. eBay will approve the payment and will delivery you the package through UPS Express.
7. After you will receive the package and you will inspect it you will inform eBay about that and they will release me the funds.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: You will don't send any money until you will not receive the tracking number from UPS.
Do not contact me if you aren't serious buyer or if you are interested in scamming methods as eChecks, etc.

If you agree with the terms then send me your complete name and address for shipping and I'll shipp you it today.

Best regards!

Stay well away GOKU if the chap is on a business trip he has internet access and thus access to his paypal account. It's a scam.

Hmmm, never heard of that before, definitely looks a bit dodgy. Of course, you could just ask eBay. If it's a scam then they'll want to know.

G

Goku

My thoughts exactly, I’ve emailed eBay to see what they think but haven’t had a response yet.

Scam Goku - let eBay know - as 58' states above, if he can access eBay, he can access PayPal. The "second-chance" scam you describe is becoming more common on eBay, and I suspect, especially as you are being offered it below the auction price, many would fall for it.

Any ebayer that wants to use Money gram or Weastern Union is a bit suspect IMO.

See if you can get him to email you a picture of himself with a fish on his head first, as a sign of good will.

T C

Go through with it and post his eBay username.

Let us know whether you got scammed, then we'll know whether to trust this bloke.

I'm not being cruel, just applying the "Sniff Test" to eBay.

Hi Goku, actually i may be able to help you with your enquiry, i work for E-Bay in Ireland, so will be able to check fairly quickly if this is a scam artist, though it sounds as it is.

However as its a question of Fraud or protection from such, id need a few details from yourself via PM (rather than open forum)

Can you send me your
EBay ID and His
Your Paypal and Credit Card details
Security Number on the back (last 3 digits)
Also your phone number and address
I think you will find that i will then be able to act.

Thank you :)

scarletto said:
Hi Goku, actually i may be able to help you with your enquiry, i work for E-Bay in Ireland, so will be able to check fairly quickly if this is a scam artist, though it sounds as it is.

However as its a question of Fraud or protection from such, id need a few details from yourself via PM (rather than open forum)

Can you send me your
EBay ID and His

Won't you need his name and invalid from date as well?

SeanGoesPop said:
scarletto said:

Can you send me your
EBay ID and His

Won't you need his name and invalid from date as well?
No because i think Goku would be kind enough to supply those details, i mean im the only one trying to really help him out here. You cant be to careful nowadays can you?

I don't trust Scarletto. If you're going to send him those details, you should make it "open forum", so you'll have witnesses.

putteesinmyhands said:
I don't trust Scarletto. If you're going to send him those details, you should make it "open forum", so you'll have witnesses.
8O I have no idea why i shouldnt be trusted, but fairs fair Goku, Puttees idea does give you more protection, so if you can post all those details on the open forum, as Puttees says you will have witnesses.

Stay well away from this crook. This is a well practiced trick by con men. I know of lots of people who have been caught bye this method. Best way to make sure is to send the original supposed winner an e-mail asking if he recieved the goods.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D AGC, RAPTC and SASC 7
Hitlerwasabitnaughty The Intelligence Cell 3
C Royal Signals 19