Any computer whizz-kids out there?

polar69 said:
If its an acer, dump it
If its running vista, reinstall xp

Everything else is fixable
That's a bit harsh....

I am running two, roughly comparable laptops, one Acer, one HP - both fine and no problems with either (apart from the HP refusing to boot for 9 months, hence buying the Acer - then the HP decided to start playing again).

And I think most of the people down on Vista are trying to run it on a machine that isn't specc'd for it, or that have screwed up in some other ways.
Yes, it can be bloated (though you can turn a lot of the RAM intensive functions off) - but it works just fine and I have had no Vista issues at all.... been using it since it came out.

Remember XP was hated (and had a lower rate of pick-up) than Vista did for the first year of its existence...

No need to format the data.... Use your OS disk and boot from it.

Use the repair facility instead of the re-install.. That way windows will be re-written but keep all your files intact.

When windows re-writes it will write it with a different hash therefore rendering any virus's useless. Make sure you run an anti-virus over the computer before opening anything up!

That should sort you out.

;o)

I started with computers when i was 8 years old so got a lot under my belt. I can outdo most professionals on knowledge of computer science... I'm currently a support a support moderator on byethost.com's hosting forums... byet.net... there my knowledge wil be proven if you dont trust me yet lol

WatchTheDog said:
I started with computers when i was 8 years old
Bet you still live with your mum then.

probably affected them now :D

WatchTheDog said:
;o)

I started with computers when i was 8 years old so got a lot under my belt. I can outdo most professionals on knowledge of computer science... I'm currently a support a support moderator on byethost.com's hosting forums... byet.net... there my knowledge wil be proven if you dont trust me yet lol
still can't figure out smileys though, eh? :roll:

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
WatchTheDog said:
;o)

still can't figure out smileys though, eh? :roll:
I just have to be different :eek:)