Any commonwealth applicants got through under the 2016 ruling as yet?

Jexmiester

Swinger
Any idea what's the Intake dates for 2017? How long did your CSM call you after they received your good conduct record? Any tips with applying for a visa?

James_Irish

Swinger
Have you done selection yet?? what role are you gonna go for? What country are you coming from??

I applied from Ireland did selection up in Belfast. We don't need a visa so i'm not really sure but can look about for ya and help out in any i can

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Have you done selection yet?? what role are you gonna go for? What country are you coming from??

I applied from Ireland did selection up in Belfast. We don't need a visa so i'm not really sure but can look about for ya and help out in any i can
I'm fairly sure we had a conversation in Chat, where I advised you to PM @irlsgt . Have you done that yet?

You can take the girl out of the Army.....

James_Irish

Swinger
That was for training and what happens in phase1. Nah not yet just checking about on the fourms that you linked me, reading comments and all that

I'm just replying to his message as i seen no one else has

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
That was for training and what happens in phase1. Nah not yet just checking about on the fourms that you linked me, reading comments and all that

I'm just replying to his message as i seen no one else has
Just be careful what you say on here, and use the PM function if you need to. I've tagged Mr Irl for you. Tell anyone I was helpful, and they won't believe you.

Genuine question why the British Army?

James_Irish

Swinger
Genuine question why the British Army?
I love the military, the discipline and the trust they give to the Irish people serving within the British army even tho our two countries hasnt had the greatest relationship with each other. Most Irish people i've talked to serving in the military sees it more as a job then serving the queen. I know what you're thinking but yeah.

Sure, when i start training i'm just gonna say to people i'm going on a working visa to Australia or something, you really can't trust many people and the area i lived in was the biggest spot for supporters for a sorting group and known for a few things.

I'm joining RAC myself and would support anyone else from Ireland looking to join to do so, not everyday you get to say you drive a tank worth up to 4 million pounds haha

You might be asking why not the Irish army? You might aswell go and apply for a visa to stay in North Korea for life lol
7,000 odd apply, might only accept 50 and you gotta be below the age of 25

When with the British army all you gotta do is make a application, get a interview, do a selection course and thats it start phase 1 training which is great.

If you have any questions ask away or send a message.
Kinda special needed so any mistakes sorry in advance.

Jexmiester

Swinger

Noooooope! Still in my country man, waiting for my CSM to call me, hopefully soon, said 60 work days so that lands me at January. My first selection is medical tech then mariner then recovery mechanic or marine engineer.

I am coming from Belize, Central America! Very far lol I'm very optimistic. I'm sure the visa should. Or be too hard for us

James_Irish

Swinger
Noooooope! Still in my country man, waiting for my CSM to call me, hopefully soon, said 60 work days so that lands me at January. My first selection is medical tech then mariner then recovery mechanic or marine engineer.

I am coming from Belize, Central America! Very far lol I'm very optimistic. I'm sure the visa should. Or be too hard for us
Sorry for the late reply bud.

First time hearing of the place haha but i'll have a look here and i'll get back to yourself then

Tan1997

Swinger
What about London? The army BMI requirements is 18 and 26 right? I want to know the exact details that the British Army demands.

James_Irish

Swinger
What about London? The army BMI requirements is 18 and 26 right? I want to know the exact details that the British Army demands.
Say you could end up in Pirbright or so, not 100% sure as i'm from Ireland myself.
My BMI score was 20.4 or so and the doc at the place said that was really good but i'm a pretty skinny lad and need to put on some more weight haha

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
If you want to know so desperately look on the website, it is all there. BMI requirements are also on the medical thread of this site. Do some research, you will be amazed at what you find.

Tan1997

Swinger
Found it awhile ago. So, what they require the minimum BMI 18. It's accurate 18 right? or do we need to go alittle higher?

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Found it awhile ago. So, what they require the minimum BMI 18. It's accurate 18 right? or do we need to go alittle higher?
As long as you are between the minimum and maximum you are fine. If you needed to be a little higher the standard would be set at 18.5 or similar.

Latest Threads