Any chance of a shooting sports forum/sub-forum?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Tartan_Terrier, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
  2. No

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There have been quite a few threads on firearms and shooting on ARRSE recently, but they've been posted all over the place (Sports, QM's, Infantry etc.), so perhaps a dedicated forum would be in order. It would certainly make them easier to find.

What do you reckon? Good idea, or not?

2. Added a poll so we can see if anyone else thinks it's a good idea.
  3. I think a "Weapons and Shooting" forum would be more appropriate. It could cover military and civilian shooting. It would certainly tidy up the disparate threads that are currently across QM/MT, Social and Sporting, Infantry and so on.
  4. Yup, I have to agree. I'm with you two on this.
  5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Absolutely ... regardless of shooting discipine, there is 'read-across' information and 'useful contacts' to benefit the Community. And it is surely 'core business' for everyone in the Army?

I'll try not to talk too much about still being able to shoot pistol ... or indeed anything up to .50 that goes bang 8)
  6. I think it would need to cover all weapons topics and shooting rather than just civvy sport shooting though.

So that's a qualified "yes" vote :D
  7. What an excellent idea. This would keep the QMs free for interesting discussions about webbing and trucks.

The only problem that I can see with broadening it to weapons generally, is that the 'enthusiastic teenagers' would be all over it like flies on sh*t.
  8. You can be moderator then. Job jobbed! :D
  9. You too! Between us the weapon walts would stand no chance! :p
  10. Splendid idea!
    Any field sports bods about?
  11. Well yes! It's a rare occurrence that I buy meat, I shoot most everything for our table! I think it would be restricted to shooting rather than hunting though. No probs with the hunt but I would see this mainly as a weapons/shooting section, a single thread would probably cover all Horse and Hound interest.

(For the benefit of our transatlantic cousins, in the UK, "Hunting" is carried out with hounds, otherwise, it's shooting, deer stalking etc if you use a firearm to pursue your quarry)
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Count me in. Just started stalking, bang (scuse pun) into the idea, and I'm a firearms dealer. ;-)
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'll take this all on board and have a thunk, you do realise though that despite the weapon walt defense mechanisms to be put in place you really shouldnt restrict it to solely shooting as sporting rifles and shotguns on live quarry have a very useful input to paper targets and vica versa!
  14. I was thinking it could be a home for everything from rabbit shooting to new infantry weapons, long range ballistics to clay shooting competitions.
  15. I'd agree, not because of the ban....... But because you are sh1t :D