any chance of a medical discharge??

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by gr33nsock, May 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. to cut a long story short i was in a car crash on leave a while back, suffered fracture/dislocation of the neck, compound fracture of the forearm with a permanent metal fixation.....mental trauma haha!! was off work at home for 3 months, back in work now been doing a month of physio/rehab.

Totally unrelated to this incident have decided to sign off, got 2 kids now and want some stability for em, and need a career change.

so here is the question, how easy is it to get a medical discharge??

the reason i want one is because i have an injury claim going thru ATM and if i was to get MD it would significantly boost my claim. i would be happy if the process took a year + i dont want anything from the army in return. just shake hands and walk away.
  2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

In brief it happened off duty, carry on.
  3. If the army shook your hand would it drop off as you walked away?

What sort of cnuts trick is that? If you want to leave, sign off and fcuk off. They might let you leave early due to your injury.
  4. You do realise that if you get more money and you are with the same insurer as I am... I end up paying for your little scam don't you? That's alright mate, I'll pay more so you can scam some money out of the insurers.
  5. thing is i expect to make a full recovery, so im blagging a bit. need to know if the doctor would be prepared to bin me off, ive heard storyies of some doctors doing MDing soldiers who want to leave!
  6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I think thats a resounding no, move on.
  7. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

You sound like a mega bloke, bet your unit will miss a soldier of your calibre.
  8. i havent got a problem with spending your money frog. but cheers!!
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I'm sure you won't, your type don't tend to make much in the grand scheme of things anyway.
  10. If you're going to make a full recovery, any half decent doctor will be able to work that out too.

You're sounding like a bit of a malingering waste of rations.

No offence.
  11. Why don't you go walk down a range and stand next to a fig 11, might get what you want then. Stop being a wind up merchant.