Any Carpenters?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Ronny_Till, Nov 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im planning on joining the Royal Engineers and I am looking forward to the combat engineering side of corps. For my trade I am going to do Carpentry because I already have experience in the trade and find it quite enjoyable! I understand that i may not get to use my trade alot of the time and have been told by someone in the infantry that once learnt the trade i will never use it. I am wondering if this is the case and if I dont use it what else would i be doing with the majority of my time? Will it be varied?

I was hoping someone who has done this trade could tell me about their experience on operations or someone who knows more about it than the infantry soldier i have spoken with.

All advice and past experiences would be helpful to help paint a picture of what my life would be like as a sapper!

Thankyou

2. I've just got back from Herrick 12 where I was using the C&Js in my Troop on a regular basis for tasks like CP/PB upgrades. Get used to making entry control gates, showers and toilets to hold Wag bags.

3. here is your tool kit -
    2x4wood.jpg
    imagesCA4M8ODH.jpg
    Claw-Hammer-Tubular-Handle.jpg

just remember to knock feck out of all nails & with any screws batter them in until the last two turns. ^_~

seriously i woul;d say the wood-butchers are pretty busy on scheme at the minute.

good luck.

4. Haha nice one, thanks for the replies. I look forward to gettin hammer happy then!

5. Why would you ask your mate in the infantry for career advice on the Royal Engineers? Remind him that as a carpenter at least you will have a trade when you leave the Army as opposed to him who will be a mall security guard!

6. Have a look at the REME Shipwrights they sometimes get to play with real nice wood.

7. Carpenters you say?

[​IMG]

8. Dammit I wanted to do that one!

9. You snooze....you lose!

10. You will be used as and when required to construct all manner of things which require your skills.

Attached Files:

11. Taffnp does'nt mention that started as a table lamp.

12. ask the Mud Muppets as they are also very found of Chippies as well ....

The-Chippy-Date.jpg

i'll get my coat. =|