Any capbadge collectors out there?

Just seen this on a local auction house's site for an auction on the 3rd Nov and though someone here would find it useful- Warren and Wignall | Collectors Sale Including The Owl Collection | Lot 225

badges.JPG

Some good examples of (almost) long forgotten Regiments, there.

Including what looks like a nice Motor Machine Gun Corps cap badge at the bottom of the screen.

Troy

LE
A real collector wouldn't just bung them in a box...

They should be mounted for display, with names and descriptions.

A real collector wouldn't just bung them in a box...

They should be mounted for display, with names and descriptions.
The auction house does a lot of house clearences and much of the 'militaria' they sell is from 'Uncle Bob's house who got lots of great grandads stuff when he died'. If you look at the other miltaria stuf they have in that auction it mainly is stuff that those who served in the war had collected and then simply put in a tin then into the attic.

Top left looks like South Staffordshire Regiment but the colours look odd from here.
No advice from me, though.

Some good examples of (almost) long forgotten Regiments, there.

Including what looks like a nice Motor Machine Gun Corps cap badge at the bottom of the screen.
It’s not a MMGC badge at the bottom, it’s a Belgian artillery cap badge. The majority of the badges in the tin aren’t highly collectable and are fairly common so not worth very much. The exceptions would be if the SAS and Para badges were original ww2 issue, somehow when the predicted selling price for the entire lot is £50, I’m guessing those 3 are Silvermans specials.

It’s not a MMGC badge at the bottom, it’s a Belgian artillery cap badge. The majority of the badges in the tin aren’t highly collectable and are fairly common so not worth very much. The exceptions would be if the SAS and Para badges were original ww2 issue, somehow when the predicted selling price for the entire lot is £50, I’m guessing those 3 are Silvermans specials.
It’s Belgian Artillery.

Good spot: should have paid more attention to the crown.

Latest Threads