Any Aussies in here?

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by BiscuitsAB, Jun 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

We are currently advertising for a place within our company and have just recieved amongst all the dross cv's one from a chap claiming he was an Intelligence Officer in the Aussie SAS.

Got his name etc. Need to check him out, if he's a walt he's in for a BIG TIME shock. The MD has got memorabilia all over her office. Some of it mine and some of it our Lad's who is currently out on his second Op Herric.

Any hints would be usefull and questions to ask him to put him on the spot. Do they have a boat house? Knowing you lot its probably a Regt Bar.

Anyhow would love to have some info so that I can ask pertinent Questions. :twisted:

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

If it is a Security role how about approaching the Australian High Commission's Military Attache for verification?
  3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

4. If he's gen he'll be telling you how much bigger/better/harder etc. the aussie army is.........strewth mate, no word of a lie mate etc...
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Currently Pissing Myself Laughing. Just found out where the Barracks are.
    My Dads brother did do a strecth with the Regiment got medically discharged with a fractured spine. And he settled in Swanbourne afterwards.

Think I'll pick up the phone to him this weekend and see if he has stayed in touch with the Regt. Can't guarnatee it cause hes a moody bastard like all the blokes in my family :) but you never know he may have retained some esprit de corps.
  6. AB - PM me I've got a mate in the Aussie Army and know another fellah who joined them too.
  7. PM me with his details and I'll check him out on the system for you.

8. PM me for a recently-retired Warrant Officer's perspective 8)
  9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Right this bloke is booked in for next week so I will come back to all who have asked for a PM and haven't yet received one with some info. Many thanks for the offers of help guys.
  10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Ok its D-Day 14:00hrs today our chap is at interview!

If anyone can pm me the name of the CO in 2003 I'd be gratefull.
  11. CO, Australian Special Air Service Regiment (SASR)
    1957-58 Major W.W. Gook
    1958-60 Col. L. A. Eyles
    1962-63 Major Alf Garland
    1964-67 Lt. Col. Bill Brathwaite
    1967-69 Lt. Col. Eyles
    1969-72 Lt. Col. Lawrie Clark
    1972-73 Lt. Col. I.D. McFarlane
    1973-76 Lt. Col. Neville Smethurst
    1976-77 Lt. Col. P.M. Jeffery
    1977-79 Col. R.P. Beesley
    1979-82 Col. R.G. Curtis
    1982-85 Col. C.A.M. Roberts
    1985-88 Col. T.J. Nelson
    1988-? Lt. Col. J.J.A. Wallace
    1993 Lt. Col. Tony Jeapes

Source: 1957-1988 Horner, P.M. SAS, Phantoms of the Jungle: A History
    of the Australian Special Air Service. Sydney: Allen & Unwin, 1989.

Shouldn't be too difficult - 20 Secs on Google - If he doesn't know that, he definately shouldn't get the job :)
  12. For some reason I picture our Biscuits chortling and rubbing his hands together with an evil grin as he enters the scene... :D