Any advice?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by SWJ.303, Mar 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I'm looking for some advice ( I know on here it's easier to find rockin horse shite sometimes)haha

I'm still in the joining process for the mercian regiment but have been thinking,with my chosen battalion (1 mercian) on tour at the end of this year and the pull out date of Afghanistan at at 2014 what is the likelyhood of getting another tour? Cloe to nothing really isnt it

I am thinking of changing my job choice the the Paras as it seems that they tour more frequently, similar to the marines.

Any help or words of advice appreciated

Thanks

Ste

2. The 2014 date bouncing around is meant to be the end of combat operations so I'm sure we'll still has training teams etc going out after that. Also you could potentially go out attached to a different regiment. With regards to the paras you're best checking with them if they are planning to go out again. Off the top of my head I don't think 3 Para are, as they only came back last year. Think 2 para were out at the same time but not too sure.

3. 2&3 para did deploy at the same time individual regiments arent sent its brigades which they are 16th air assault, think marines are 19 and paras may be last on at 20. was just wondering if anyone knew

4. Was just talking to a mate of mine who went out with 3 para on the last tour he said he doesn't think they are going back again but could be wrong, he's a Kingo not a para. And I know they usually deploy as a brigade but thought either 2 or 3 para had gone out attached to a different brigade at some point although I could be wrong. Hopefully one of the paras on the forum will be able to give you a proper answer!

5. Does anyone know of any future herrick deployments?