Any advice for first interview

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by DMan, Oct 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey Guys,

I finally received my medical clearance and have booked my first interview for early december.

What kind of questions do they ask at the interview? Is there anything extra I can do to prepare for it?

I have been reading up on the regiment I want to join (R Sigs) for a while now, so I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do.

Thanks,

Dman.

2. just go there suited and booted and be yourself and take your cv with you! they know if you are bullshitting so dont act as if you are something your not!

3. It's a long time since my interview but interestingly I recently obtained my full service record from Glasgow. On it were the recruiter's comments made during my initial interviews at the ACIO and at the selection centre at Sutton Coldfield which said things like " arrived early for interview, smartly dressed, showed enthusiasm for the Army etc.." so these things are obviously important. My advice therefore is turn up early, shave, dress smartly (collar and tie) and be enthusiastic. If you've read up on your chosen regiment then that's a bonus. Also think about some of the things you do now that you can bring into the interview (work, cadets if applicable, sports you play etc).

4. Thanks for the CV tip. they didn't request that so I wasn't going to bring it.

5. All good advice biffins, Thanks.

6. I seem to recall that my interveiwer asked me lots of distance/time questions... might as well start practicing now, as you'll need to get used to them!