Any advice about the situation I'm in??

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Robbo09, Nov 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right then, I've been thinking for a while about joining the reserve forces and it's definitley what I want to... however at the moment I'm on a temporary contract for an agency who just seem to get rid of people when it suits them etc (not had any problems myself but seen it happen to others), only problem is I know they're legally not allowed to get rid just for joining the TA but pretty sure they'd find a way etc if I was to join.

Anyone got any advice or been in a similar situation?

Thanks Rob

2. Do what you feel is right, but document everything. Performance reviews, efficiency reports, and anything of the same kind. If you show clear and consistent performance that is above reproach, any attempt to release you would be something you could counter easily.

3. There are likely to be all manner of reasons that they can use to get rid of you without ever having to mention Reserve service, although with agency work, anything that can be construed as 'interfering' with your ability to work at a moment's notice could be seen as a problem.

I would be inclined to hold off until you can find something a bit more permanent. Documenting performence etc. for future reference may be useful if things go wrong down the line, but doesn't make for the healthiest of work environments.

4. I got hit by a car on the way to a night shift, even though i'd just finished at 10 that morning. I phoned them from A&E and they canned me for "poor attendance" next day. Agency *****.

5. cool-story-bro-tell-it-a.jpg.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. As above but also in your contract with the agency I am almost certain would be a clause stating that you are not guaranteed work through them. So if you make life slightly difficult for them the contracts go to others but you are still o their books

7. I got hit by a car on the way to a night shift, even though i'd just finished at 10 that morning. I phoned them from A&E and they canned me for "poor attendance" next day. Agency *****.

:D