Any 45fd still serving

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by jc170, Dec 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    Ok this is my first post so please be good to me.

is there any one still about who was in 45fd from 84 to 91.

i know of one in his last year at larkhill now, but any one else still knocking about

thanks

2. Hi mate, welcome to Arrse and indeed the Gunner forum, if you get no joy here, you may want to try:

Here as well

Good hunting fella.

3. I'm not but my troop sgt in juniors was. Dave Howe know him?

4. Hi

Howe, sounds familier, when was you in juniors?

5. Wont be many from them years still around. I remember Dave Howe i think, geordie bloke, liked diving (the water type) if its him, top man.

I was in 45 in 52 bty untill about 88 ish if its the same Howe he was our BQMS

6. i was milne troop sept 82 - dec 83

7. yea, geordie Howe, i think he was our TSM, took some lads diving in Jordan.
    didnt he have something to do with the special op Bty?

8. Hi, i was 45 Fd Regt from 1988 - dispandment. I was a gunner in 170 Bty and will shortly take over as a BSM in 5th Regt. There are not many still around although i have bumped into a couple over the last couple of years whilst i was serving as a SMIG in Larkhill. (Sean Haynes,chris young,) i dont want to compromise my username by giving you my real name but i was on the Tac Group along with Rushie,Jock Burse etc

9. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

REME Att to 170 bty 85-87. Top blokes.

10. i wasnt but me mate was will tell him you looking find ex members mate good luck

11. Yes I am still serving and have to agree with MIDAS that there are not many of us left. Had a great ole' chin wag with 'Scouse' in L'hill last year; it was great to go down memory lane. I served in the Regt 1990-1993 and was part of the 170 'mighty 'Imjin' Bty. If I had enough time on my hands I would definitely organise a reunion. Now working in GLA. Hope you are all well.

12. REME from sep 90 to disbandment. Was attached to 170 Bty for the tour in Armagh

13. Hi midas,
    ive just got in touch with shaun haines. me, shaun and 'ernie' softley used to be good mates.

i saw jock burse about 10 years ago when he came down to yorkshire to see 'wakey'.

what happened to rushie? top bloke.

there is a 45 reunion every year in april, imjin weekend time in bradford if anyone is intrested i should be able to get details

JC

14. Hello fellow ex members,
    I served with the "mighty Imjin bty"from 81-86 and rejoined the bty 89-dispandment 93.I used 2 hang around with "Oscar,jd,zoony,stan,jc and many more of u.I would like 2 know if the 45 reunion is still ongoing and when and where held.Could anyone let me know please.I am currentley serving at Larkhill,i see scouse,stan,shaun and neil from time 2 time.I leave the army in nov this year.Really chuffed 2 see some old school still kicking around,hope 2 hear from u all again,all the best.

micky t.

15. All the bast on Patrol on Civvy Street Mick. I served with ya with 25/170 in Colly in Mid 90's Scouse C was ya TSM. Give my best to Osc, Stan and all the other ex 45 lads and get back in touch.